I love cookies, and well… so does my whole family. The kiddos and I LOVE gathering in the kitchen and making them together. It’s become tradition. Without fail, if the kids see me pull out a stick of butter and the Kitchen-Aid, they come running in saying they want to help. Next thing I know, chairs from the dinner table are being pulled over to the kitchen island. It’s something I cherish now. 🙂
More than anything we love finding new and delicious cookie recipes that we can enjoy (found HERE). This next recipe for Almond Crunch Cookies is one of those – a keeper and definitely delicious!! If you’re a fan of Almond extract like my family is, then you’ll definitely love these cookies as well. 🙂
- 1 c shortening
- ¾ c granulated sugar
- ¾ c firmly packed light brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp almond extract
- 2 c all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1½ c regular or quick cooking oats
- 1½ c Rice Chex cereal
- 4 oz white almond bark
- In a stand mixer, beat shortening and sugars until creamy. Add eggs and almond extract.
- In a separate bowl, combine flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt until blended. Add to shortening mixture until just blended.
- Gently crush cereal without making the pieces too small. Mix in your oats and using a spatula, carefully add this to your stand mixer.
- Drop dough 2" apart on a greased cookie sheet. Bake at 325 for 12-14 minutes. Cool on a wire rack and drizzle melted almond bark over the tops.
Recipe adapted from Call me PMC.
With bits of oats and crushed Chex cereal, these cookies are one-of-a-kind and must be tried!!
As mentioned above, almond extract is my favorite and pretty much makes anything taste delicious. 🙂
For more great cookie recipes be sure to check out these family favorites:
For all dessert recipes go HERE.
For all recipes on Lil’ Luna go HERE.
And get weekly emails with monthly freebies by signing up for the Lil’ Luna newsletter. 🙂
Pictures for this recipe were re-taken by contributor, Alicia, of The Baker Upstairs.
Need more recipes and creative ideas? Sign up and get a FREE copy of my latest ebook!