We love a good salad and side dish at our home and are always looking for new recipes. I decided to search Pinterest for one that had tomatoes and carrots and found one I think you will love!
It’s Jamie Deen‘s Bowtie Pasta Salad. We tried it out, and it’s definitely a keeper!! This recipe makes a decent amount too which is perfect for parties or get togethers.
We made a few modifications to this one, but kept things the same for the most part.
Here is the recipe with our modifications if you’d like to make it yourself…
- - 1 pound bowtie pasta
- - kosher salt
- - 1 cup frozen edamame (out of the pods)
- - 2 carrots, sliced into 1/2 inch chunks
- - one 12-ounce broccoli crown, cut into bite-size florets
- - 1 cup shredded part-skim moazzarella
- - 1 cup grape tomatoes, halved
- - 4-5 TB olive oil
- - 3-4 TB red wine vinegar
- - 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- - 1 tsp. sugar
- - 1 large clove garlic, minced
- - fresh ground black pepper
- 1. Prepare pasta as directed but set time for 3 minutes less than it says on the box or bag.
- 2. When timer goes off add edamame and carrots. Cook for 2 minutes longer.
- 3. Add broccoli and cook for 1 more minute.
- 4. Drain pasta and veggies. Rinse well under cold water.
- 5. Add this mixture to a bowl and add cheese and cherry tomatoes.
- 6. In a separate bowl, whisk together the oil and vinegar. Add mayonnaise, sugar, garlic as well as some salt and sugar.
- 7. Add dressing to the salad and mix well. Serve immediately or chill for 2 hours before serving.
We’ve decided that this one will go into the rotation because it was easy AND delicious!!
For more great Pasta Salads, be sure to check out:
So, I want to know – which pasta salad recipes are YOUR favorites?!