I LOVE finding super easy but delicious side dishes. This next recipe is one of those. In fact, it has to be one of my all-time favorite side dishes ever!! My kids love them, the hubby and I love them, and they are so easy to do. I’m sure most of you have tried them, but the last time I made them they turned out super perfect, and I wanted to make sure I shared with you how I did them. The Brown Sugar Glazed Carrots recipe I used came from Simply Scratch. I modified it just a bit, and they turned out perfect!!
I honestly think I could eat these every day, and it’s not because they’re carrots… it’s because adding butter and brown sugar to carrots makes them so stinking good!
I could seriously eat a whole bowl of this right now!! It’s definitely my go-to side dish!! 😀
- 1 16 oz. Bag of baby carrots
- ½ cup water
- 1½ TB butter
- 1½ TB brown sugar
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- Bring carrots, water, butter and brown sugar to a boil in a pan over medium-high heat.
- Turn to low and simmer for approximately 6 minutes.
- Turn back to high and cook until all the water is evaporated and carrots are tender. It took me another 5-6 minutes.
- Remove from heat. Salt and Pepper, and enjoy!
I’ve tried this recipe a few times, and the way I cooked them this last time was perfect! They tasted perfect… carrots were so tender, and everyone loved it.
Let me know how you like them if you try it.
And for another yummy side be sure to try my favorite Fried Zucchini recipe:
Other favorite side dishes include:
For all side dish recipes go HERE.
For all recipes go HERE.
And get weekly emails with monthly freebies by signing up for the Lil’ Luna newsletter.