Hello again, Lil’ Luna friends! I have such a fun recipe to share today! I think holiday treats are one of my favorite things about this season, and these candy cane kiss sugar cookies are extra fun and festive. I made them last week with my six year old daughter, and she went crazy over them. We couldn’t find any Christmas sprinkles that would work in my giant sprinkles stash (yes, I totally have one of those!) so we dipped into the Valentine’s sprinkles, and I think they actually turned out really cute and Christmasy!
Besides how fun and festive they look, they’re also really yummy to eat! The cookie itself is crisp on the outside, and soft and buttery on the inside. And the candy cane kiss on top makes them extra delicious and fun. I’m probably in the minority here, but I like the look of the melted kisses better than the intact kiss shape. If you like the kiss shape, just pop the cookies in the freezer for a little bit after you add the kisses, and they should firm up instead of melting. Either way, these cookies are both festive and tasty!
- 10 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 egg yolks
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 24 Hershey's Candy Cane kisses
- Preheat oven to 350. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment or spray lightly with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl or the bowl of a stand mixer, cream together butter and sugar. Beat in egg yolks and vanilla. Add flour, baking powder, and salt, and mix until just combined.
- Roll the dough into balls slightly bigger than a tablespoon. The dough will be thick but should roll into a ball shape with the heat of your hands.
- Roll each ball of dough in sprinkles and place on prepared baking sheet. Bake 8-10 minutes. Cookies will look under baked.
- Let cool 5 minutes after removing from the oven, then place a kiss in the center of each cookie.
Oh my heavens, these look DELICIOUS!!
For more great recipes from her be sure to check out:
Also be sure to go to The Baker Upstairs for more great creation from Alicia.