One of the main reasons I love this time of year so much is because of all the yummy treats that show up. Peppermint this and Egg Nog that – the list of goodies is endless! Wouldn’t you agree?
One of the treats I’ve always loved but only get to enjoy every few years is Bark. It’s one of my favorites! When I saw some Candy Cane Oreos at the store I knew they would be the perfection addition to bark and knew I had to make some myself. That’s exactly what I did this week.
The result: Candy Cane Oreo Peppermint Bark
I think it will also make a great neighbor gift in a cute jar or tin!
Here’s the recipe:
- 1 pound Vanilla Candy Coating
- 1 TB vegetable oil
- 1 TB butter, melted
- 15 Candy Cane Oreos crushed
- 2-4 TB crushed candy cane
- Put your cubes of vanilla candy coating in a pot and melt on low heat. Stir the entire time until it is all melted.
- Add oil and butter to your chocolate and stir well. Add in ⅔ of crushed oreos and mix well.
- Pour onto your cookie sheet with foil. Spread to the thickness you want it. Sprinkle reserve oreos and crushed candy cane on top.
- Refrigerate for half hour. Enjoy!
If you’re looking for a quick and easy treat, this is definitely a recipe to keep!
For more yummy Christmas treats check out: