It’s no surprise that my family LOVES soup. It’s just something us Lunas have always enjoyed which means, we LOVE trying out and find new soup recipes that we love. For the longest time, we’ve been making this Crock pot Cheesy Potato Soup, because it’s easy and ALWAYS a hit!! I wanted to try another Potato Soup recipe but thought I’d try one for Cheesy Potato and Ham Soup which I knew would be just as good. I’m happy to report that this soup really is delicious! It takes a little more time than our other Potato soup, but it tastes PHENOMENAL. I asked the hubby which one he liked better and he couldn’t decide since they are both so good! I feel like this one was a little more cheesy and hearty with the ham chunks, so if you love hearty, warm soups, I suggest trying this one.
For all those ham and potato lovers – I REALLY think you’ll enjoy this recipe!!
- 4 medium potatoes (peeled and diced)
- 12 oz. ham, cooked and cubed
- 4 cups water
- 2 chicken bouillon cubes
- ½ tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. garlic pepper
- 5 TB butter
- 5 TB flour
- 2½ cups milk
- 1 cup cheddar cheese
- Combine potatoes, ham and water in a large pot.
- Bring to a boil, then cook on medium heat for 10-15 minutes (or when potatoes are tender).
- Add chicken bouillon cubes, salt and pepper. Mix.
- In another pan, melt butter on medium heat. Whisk in flour and stir constantly for about 1 minute. Slowly add milk and continue whisking until sauce thickens (about 3-4 minutes).
- Add the milk mixture to your pot and cook soup until heated through.
- Add cheese right before serving. Top with scallions. Serve immediately.
Recipe adapted from All Recipes.
Seriously!! Doesn’t this picture just make you hungry?
I haven’t tried this recipe for the fam in Arizona, but I just KNOW they will love it!
For more favorite soup recipes, check these out:
SOUPS are the best!!!
For all soup recipes on the site go HERE.
For all recipes go HERE.
And get weekly emails with monthly freebies by signing up for the Lil’ Luna newsletter. 🙂
Need more recipes and creative ideas? Sign up and get a FREE copy of my latest ebook!