You guys know that we LOVE chicken! It’s our favorite meat and one that the entire family loves, so I’m always trying out new chicken dinner recipes for the crew. Today’s recipe is one I spotted years and years ago and one I finally made the time to try. It’s a super simple recipe, and I’m kinda mad I didn’t try it sooner because it’s just that good. These Parmesan Chicken Bundles are easy and so delicious and one that most the family loved. I say most because a few of the kids were concerned that there was some “green stuff” (spinach) in their chicken and it kinda freaked them out (yes, most of my kids don’t like spinach). 🙁 Fortunately, the hubby and I loved it so much that we’ve had it twice in the last month. With chicken covered in cracker crumbs and stuffed with cheese and spinach, and all topped off with your favorite pasta sauce, you really can’t go wrong! I’m thinking this chicken would be great served with our Fried Zucchini and perhaps the Tortellini Salad. A great meal idea for Sunday dinner or for company too.
Here’s the recipe:
- 6 thin chicken breast (you can pound it down if they're a little thicker)
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 - 10 oz. package frozen chopped spinach, thawed and drained
- 1½ cups shredded Mozzarella cheese (divided)
- 6 TB grated Parmesan cheese (divided)
- 1 egg (beaten)
- 10 RITZ crackers (crushed)
- pasta sauce (your favorite, warmed up)
- Preheat oven to 375.
- In a medium bowl, combine cream cheese, spinach, 3 TB of Parmesan cheese,and 1 cup of the Mozzarella Cheese. Mix well and set aside.
- Place cracker crumbs and the rest of the grated Parmesan cheese in a shallow dish and the beaten egg in a bowl. Set aside.
- Spread cheese and spinach mixture onto chicken breast and roll up chicken tightly. Secure with a toothpick.
- Roll chicken bundle in egg and then in crumbs and cheese dish and evenly coat.
- Place chicken seam down in a greased 9x13 dish. Spray with cooking spray and bake for 30 minutes. Remove toothpick before serving and top with warm pasta sauce and remainder Mozzarella cheese. ENJOY!
Recipe from Kraft Foods.
Spread cheese mixture on and roll up tightly.
Secure with toothpick and place in dish seam side down.
We loved this so much it’s definitely going into the regular meal rotation!!
For more favorite chicken recipes, check out:
For all main dish recipes, go HERE.
For all recipes, go HERE.
And get weekly emails with monthly freebies by signing up for the Lil’ Luna newsletter. 🙂
Don’t miss a thing – Sign up for the Lil’ Luna Newsletter today!
Need more recipes and creative ideas? Sign up and get a FREE copy of my latest ebook!