It’s Kellyn, back with round two of our new Tried and True series. Today’s recipe is for all you pesto lovers out there! It’s called Chicken Tortellini Pesto Salad, and it’s light, super tasty, and easy to put together. Best part of all?? It’s SIMPLE and quick!! This is a fantastic recipe and serves as a great side to any main dish.
I admit, I’m a sucker for Pesto, and this has the perfect amount of it! We actually decided to add a little ranch because everything taste better with ranch, am I right? Do me a favor and add this to the menu for your next barbecue. It’s sure to impress!
Here’s the recipe:
- 1-9oz package refrigerated cheese-filled tortellini
- 1 cup frozen sweet peas
- 5 cups torn romaine lettuce
- 1½ cups carrots, shredded
- 2 cups grilled chicken, cubed or shredded
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into strips
- ¼ cup mayonnaise
- ½ cup basil pesto
- ½ cup ranch dressing
- Cook tortellini according to packaged directions. Drain; rinse with cold water.
- In a large clear bowl, layer the lettuce, carrots, chicken, peas, tortellini, and bell pepper.
- In small bowl, mix mayonnaise, pesto and ranch. Spread over peppers.
- Cover and refrigerate at least 2 hours. Toss just before serving.
Recipe adapted from Betty Crocker.
It looks really pretty all layered, but we decided to mix it all up for the pictures so you could see all the yummy ingredients!
We’ll see you next week!
I LOVE delicious salads to try out, especially in the summer.
For more great salad recipes, check out:
For all salad recipes on the site go HERE.
For all recipes go HERE.
And get weekly emails with monthly freebies by signing up for the Lil’ Luna newsletter. 🙂
Don’t miss a thing – Sign up for the Lil’ Luna Newsletter today!
Need more recipes and creative ideas? Sign up and get a FREE copy of my latest ebook!