Hi, it’s me Lily – again!
Are you having a great week? I have! I survived the first week of school. I made a lot of new friends, and I got elected for Student Council. I’m so excited! It starts next Thursday. My classmate, Chase, will also be on student council with me. I don’t even know what to expect but I’ll let you know how it goes next week.
Do you know my mom and I are already working on fall recipes? We made some Halloween treats last week, and I can’t wait to share them with you. Another recipe I’m excited to share is today’s recipe – Chocolate Coconut Oatmeal Cookies. They are so good! It only has a small hint of coconut, but you can add little more if you want. You can even add more chocolate on top if you wanted to. The cookies are so chewy and delicious, I have a feeling you’re going to eat FOUR of them! I really think your kids will like them, so let me know if you give them a try.
Here’s the recipe:
- 1 cup butter, softened
- ½ cup sugar
- ½ cup packed brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1-1/2 cups quick-cooking oats
- 1 cup flaked coconut
- 5 Hershey's candy bars
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugars until light and fluffy. Beat in egg and vanilla.
- In a separate bowl combine flour, baking soda and salt. Add to creamed mixture and mix well.
- Beat in oats and coconut and then roll into 1 inch balls.
- Place on ungreased cookie sheet and flatten slightly.
- Bake for 10-11 minutes or until golden brown.
- While cookies are baking, break Hershey's bar into 12 pieces. Once cookies are out, press a chocolate piece into the center of each cookie. Let cool. ENJOY!
Recipe from Taste of Home.
Here are some more treats you might like…
For all Sweet Treats by Lily go HERE.
For all Dessert recipes go HERE.
And get weekly emails with monthly freebies by signing up for the Lil’ Luna newsletter. 🙂
Have a great week. I hope it’s sweet – just like these cookies!
BEHIND THE SCENES AT LILLUNA.COM:
Need more recipes and creative ideas? Sign up and get a FREE copy of my latest ebook!