These are our family’s favorite Christmas cookie recipe! Not only are they delicious, but they are great for gifting to family, friends and neighbors or leaving out for Santa.
Easy Christmas Cookies
One of our all-time favorite things to do this time of year is bake cookies!! It’s something we do all year long but something we especially look forward to during the holidays.
MY LATEST VIDEOS
Making treats and assembling plates for neighbors, friends and church members is a common occurrence and a tradition we look forward to each year. That is why I’m sharing this Christmas Cookies recipe today (modified off of our classic Chocolate Chip Cookie recipe), since it’s our favorite holiday treat to make and give this time of year.
These Christmas Cookies are filled with M&Ms and sprinkles and are so easy to make. I enjoy making them especially since it’s an easy recipe to involve the little ones. They love to add the ingredients and especially to top off each cookie with M&Ms. Each batch makes 3 dozen cookies which is great for our cookie plates since one batch with cover all the neighbors. In fact, we just made these yesterday for our neighbors! 😀
Christmas Cookies Variations
This recipe is so simple and so easy to change up!! Here are some other ways we like to enjoy these Christmas Cookies by using the same base recipe and modifying it just a bit. 😉
- White Chocolate Dipped Cookies – Make the cookies without adding M&Ms or sprinkles to the batter. Let set and then dip in melted white chocolate and sprinkle with holiday sprinkles.
- Candy Cane Bit Cookies – Make the cookies and add 1 tsp peppermint extract to the batter. Top with crushed candy canes and holiday chocolate chips.
- Candy Cane Kiss Cookies – Make the cookies with chocolate chips or peppermint chips and right after pulling them from the oven – add a Candy Cane Kiss!
- Chocolate Chip Cookies – can you really go wrong with the go-to classic recipe? I think not!!
Like I said – so easy to change up! And all of these are perfect for the holidays.
If you’re looking for a simple, festive and delicious Christmas goody, these ones will be perfect! And trust me when I say that Santa LOVES them too! ;D
For more Christmas cookie recipes, check out:
- Peppermint Oreo Sugar Cookies
- Christmas Thumbprint Cookies
- Turtle Thumbprint Cookies
- White Chocolate Dipped Sugar Cookies
- Christmas Chocolate Chip Cookies
Christmas Cookies Recipe Video:
Christmas Cookies Recipe
These are our family's favorite Christmas cookie recipe! Not only are they delicious, but they are great for gifting to family, friends and neighbors or leaving out for Santa.
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/2 cup oil
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 3 cups flour
- 1/2 cup sprinkles (or mini chocolate chips)
- 1 cup M&Ms
Preheat oven to 350. Cream butter, oil and sugars. Add eggs and beat until fluffy.
Add baking soda, salt, powder, vanilla and flour. Mix well.
Fold in sprinkles. Use cookie scoop to put on greased cookie tray. Top with 4-5 M&Ms.
Bake at 350 for 7-8 minutes.