Hi Lil Luna friends! It’s Kimberly from A Night Owl, and a Lil Luna Crafts Contributor this year. I’m so excited to be here sharing with you today while Kristyn is off enjoying her little one. Since it’s not my normal contributor post, I decided to mix it up for you with a yummy recipe!
It’s Summertime! And you know what that means? Time to break out the lemonade and popsicles! Do you love popsicles? I’ve always been a big fan and I find that my little guys love them too! But I’m not always a huge fan of what you buy in the stores and sometimes I think you just want to control what (maybe how much sugar?) goes into what your little ones eat. So why not make homemade? And that’s just what I did.
Coke Float Popsicles. Yum! Are you a root beer float fan? Yes they are delicious, but I have to admit, I’ve always enjoyed a Coke float more than root beer! So last month when I was doing my Pinterest “research” and I came up with this list of 50 amazing popsicle recipes, one of the most delicious sounding ones to me was the root beer float. So I made my own version of Coke Float Popsicles. And they are delish! And I’m sharing the easy recipe with you today.
- 1 can coke You'll want to pour this out of the can first to get rid of some of the fizz.
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 1/4 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 dash salt
- Fill your popsicle mold a third of the way with coke and freeze until the coke is mostly solid.
- In a small bowl, combine milk, maple syrup, vanilla extract and dash of salt.
- Pour the milk mixture another third of the way into the popsicle mold and also freeze until it is mostly solid.
- Fill the rest of the popsicle mold with coke and freeze until completely frozen and enjoy!
Don’t they sound delicious? Well they are! You’ll have to give them a try this Summer when you’re trying to cool off. And feel free to substitute root beer for the coke if that’s more your taste! I hope you enjoy this recipe and that you’ll stop by A Night Owl sometime and say hello!
Oh, man these look YUMMY!!!
If you’re a coke lover then you’ll LOVE this great recipe!
Thanks for sharing it Miss Kimberly!! Be sure to check out her site cuz this girl is uber-talented and takes the prettiest pictures!
For another fun and cool treat be sure to check out:
Watermelon Juice – it’s the best and coolest summer drink ever!