This post is brought to you by McCormick and Mom it Forward.
UPDATE: YAY!! My team (Team 6) won! Thank you for helping us with our Virtual Bake Sale!!
You guys all know how much I love COOKIES, right? And you probably have guessed by now just how much I love CHOCOLATE too. Put the two together and you have one happy blogger. 😉
I’ll pretty much take any excuse I can get to make some yummy cookies… especially if they have chocolate. What if I told you this next recipe has DOUBLE the chocolate? Pretty sweet, right? I’m calling this next recipe: Double Chocolate Mint Cookies. It has a chocolate base and has White Chocolate Chips and Chopped Chocolate Mints too (I guess technically that makes it triple?!)
I’ll definitely be adding this one in on the cookie rotation.
- 2 cups flour
- ⅔ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- ¼ tsp. salt
- 1 cup butter softened
- 1 cup sugar
- ⅔ cup light brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp. McCormick® Pure Peppermint Extract
- ¾ cup white chocolate chips
- ¾ cup chopped chocolate mints
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Mix flour, cocoa powder, baking soda and salt in medium bowl and set aside.
- In a large browl beat butter and sugar with a mixer on medium speed until light and fluffy
- Add eggs and extract - mix well.
- Gradually beat in flour mixture on low speed until well mixed. Stir in white chocolate chips and chopped chocolate mints.
- Place on greased cookie sheet and bake for 7-9 minutes.
The recipe was inspired by the Double Chocolate Chunk Mint Cookies from McCormick. I just added even more chocolate to the mix. 😉 I had been asked to create a recipe from their kitchen and team up with some other bloggers to have a “Virtual Bake Sale” via Pinterest (through re-pins).
Here is how the VIRTUAL BAKE SALE will work:
- Visit the McCormick Bake Sale Contest Pinterest board and pick your favorite bake sale treat (hopefully it’s mine!)
- Repin this recipe to one of your boards, using hashtag #McCormickBakeSale
- Each repin FROM the McCormick Bake Sale Pinterest Board is equivalent to “buying” an item from the Bake Sale.
- The team with the most REPINS wins!
If you help “buy” via a repin from my or my team’s virtual bake sale table, you’ll be entered to win a McCormick prize pack worth $75!!
Be sure to check out the whole teams’ recipes as well as enter the giveaway on their sites too for more chances of winning!
- Cafe Johnsonia – Raspberries N Cream Double Chocolate Chunk Cookies
- pheMOMenon – Chocolate Almond Sugar Cookies
- Double Duty Mommy – Truffle Tini Wafer Brownies
- The Fingers Things in Life – Mocha Cinnamon Chip Cookies
- is this REALLy my life? – Chocolate Caramel Cookie Blondies
For more great recipes be sure to follow McCormick on Facebook.
For all Lil’ Luna recipes go HERE.
This post is sponsored by McCormick as a part of the Mom it Forward Blogger Network. As always, all opinions are my own.