Hello again, Lil’ Luna readers! I’m so happy to be back today sharing another awesome dessert with you! To me, nothing says summer like fresh strawberries. It wasn’t until a couple of years ago that I baked with fresh strawberries for the first time, and let me tell you, they’re amazing! These cupcakes taste like everything that’s good about summer… like fresh fruit and sunshine.
What makes these cupcakes extra awesome is how easy they are to make. I like that they’re not as finicky as a lot of cupcake recipes. (And trust me, I’ve had more than my share of cupcake fails…) Every time I make these, they turn out great! I love that the ingredients are so simple, and are all things I pretty much always have in the house. I also love how moist the strawberries make the cake, and the combination with the cream cheese frosting is delicious! (Seriously, is there any better combo than strawberries and cream cheese?) Make these, and you will love them!
- ½ cup butter softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1½ cups flour
- 1¼ teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup chopped fresh strawberries
- 4 ounces cream cheese softened
- ½ cup butter softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1-2 teaspoons milk
- 4-5 cups powdered sugar
- toasted coconut (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350. Fill 18 muffin cups with paper liners.
- In a large bowl or the bowl of a stand mixer, cream together butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add eggs and vanilla, and mix until combined.
- Add flour, baking powder, and salt, and mix until just combined.
- Add in chopped strawberries and mix until strawberries start to break down, 1-2 minutes.
- Fill paper liners ⅔ full, and bake 15-20 minutes, or until set. Let cool before frosting.
- While the cupcakes are cooling, beat butter and cream cheese together until smooth. Beat in vanilla and milk, then add powdered sugar to desired consistency. Frost cupcakes and enjoy!
Oooh, these Fresh Strawberry Cupcakes look DIVINE!! Thanks Alicia!
Be sure to go to The Baker Upstairs for more fun projects from Alicia, and
for more information about her please go HERE.
For more delicious Cupcake recipes be sure to look at:
For all Dessert recipes go HERE.
For all Recipes go HERE.
And get weekly emails with monthly freebies by signing up for the Lil’ Luna newsletter. 🙂
Need more recipes and creative ideas? Sign up and get a FREE copy of my latest ebook!