I hope you are all enjoying your week. We’re half way through the month already and school is on the brain right now. The kiddos are loving back to school shopping and I’m loving the idea of a new school year. One of my very favorite things about the kids being in school, is having fun treats and snacks for them when they get home. I know that this is not on the top of most peoples “excited for” lists. But, it was something I always cherished from my mom and have loved carrying it on with my own littles. I love finding new things to make or bake for them, as they get home from a long day of school.
Which brings me to our awesome tried and true recipe for today. These Zucchini muffins were great! We decided to turn the bread recipe into a muffin recipe, which turned out to be a bit tricky. Luckily for you, that’s why we call these Tried and True. We work out the kinks, and provide you with a great recipe that’s sure to work! After some trial and error, my talented mom was able to perfect this bread recipe into a muffin recipe. We’re glad we did, because sometimes a muffin is just so darn good. And my kids are suckers for a muffin. What about yours? I think they’ll be a big hit. AND they have a hidden veggie in them, zucchini! Shhh… my kids don’t know yet.
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 3 tsp ground cinnamon
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 2¼ cups white sugar
- 3 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 cups grated zucchini
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 cup powdered sugar (sifted)
- 1 – 2 teaspoons lemon juice (or vanilla)
- 3-5 tablespoons Milk
- In a bowl, sift together your flour, salt, baking powder, soda, and cinnamon.
- In a separate bowl, beat together eggs, oil, vanilla, and sugar.
- Add sifted ingredients to the creamed mixture, and beat well. Stir in zucchini and nuts until well combined.
- Pour batter into muffins tins, about ½-3/4 full. Bake at 350 for approximately 18 minutes. Check oven around 14 and every minute after to make sure your muffins do not burn. Top with glaze and ENJOY!
Adapted from allrecipes.com.
Seriously – so good!!
- DIFFICULTY: Simple
- HOW MANY DOES IT FEED: 18-24
- ANY CHANGES MADE: We decided to make these muffins instead of bread. We also added a streusel topping.
- SUGGESTTIONS FOR NEXT TIME: None
We love zucchini recipes in the summer! If you like, you can check out these other zucchini recipes:
For all zucchini recipes, go HERE.
For ALL recipes, go HERE.
And get weekly emails with monthly freebies by signing up for the Lil’ Luna newsletter. 🙂
Need more recipes and creative ideas? Sign up and get a FREE copy of my latest ebook!