Don’t miss a thing – Sign up for the Lil’ Luna Newsletter today!
Hi, it’s me Lily – again!
Do you want to something crazy? My bed is all packed and ready for Arizona. It’s a bunk bed – my dad broke it down fast!! We don’t move for another month, but we are shipping some stuff already so when we get there we have some furniture. Did you guys know we were moving back to Arizona? We’ve been in Texas for like 3 years and now we are going home. My mom and dad ordered this big container from PODS and we are going to fill it up this week. Here is a picture of me in it…
Speaking of cool, who wants to make another COOL recipe? Today’s treat is for Grasshopper Bars!! Do you know what grasshopper desserts are? It’s chocolate and mint together. There really aren’t grasshoppers in this treat, but they are so good they are the BOMB.COM! LOL! 😉
If you like mint and chocolate, I really think you’ll love these. Here is the recipe:
- 1 pouch Betty Crocker double chocolate chunk cookie mix
- ⅓ cup vegetable oil
- 2 TB water
- 1 egg
- 3 cups powdered sugar
- 8 oz cream cheese, softened
- ¼ cup butter, softened
- 2 TB milk
- ½ teaspoon vanilla
- ½ teaspoon mint extract
- green food coloring
- chocolate jimmies
- mini chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350.
- In a medium bow, combine cookie mix, oil, water and egg until dough forms. Press into the bottom of a greased 9x13 pan.
- Bake for 15 minutes and let cool.
- While cooling, make frosting by beating cream cheese, powdered sugar, butter, milk, vanilla, mint extract and green food coloring until smooth.
- Spread over bars and top with sprinkles and mini chocolate chips. ENJOY!
Recipe from Betty Crocker.
Hope you really like this recipe, as much as I LOVED it! The frosting is so good!
I hope you can come back again soon for more yummy treats from me…and my mom.
Here are some more to try:
For all Sweet Treats by me go HERE.
For all Dessert recipes go HERE.
And get weekly emails with monthly freebies by signing up for the Lil’ Luna newsletter. 🙂
Have a great weekend!
BEHIND THE SCENES AT LILLUNA.COM:
Need more recipes and creative ideas? Sign up and get a FREE copy of my latest ebook!