One of my favorite things to do is to go to the store and find inspiration for upcoming crafts, decor ideas and recipes. I usually don’t go to the store just for inspiration but are always on the look out for items to create with. The hubby think it’s a little crazy, but I can’t help myself anymore.
You better believe then that when I saw some Halloween Chocolate Chips from Nestle I had to buy some. I mean, how could I not use them to make some Halloween Chocolate Chip cookies, right?! Lily was super excited as well and with no school on Monday she asked if she could have some friends over to play and to make cookies. I thought that it sounded like a great idea!
- 2 3/4 cup flour
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 cup butter softened
- 1/2 cup Crisco
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 tsp. vanilla
- 1 bag chocolate chips I used Halloween
- Preheat oven to 350. Mix flour, salt and soda in a bowl and set aside.
- In your mixer, cream butter and shortening together. Add sugars and mix well.
- Add eggs and vanilla until fluffy.
- Add your chocolate chips and mix well but do not overmix.
- Add flour/salt/soda mixture until it is all combined.
- Scoop dough onto a greased baking sheet and refrigerate for 30-40 minutes.
- Bake at 350 for 8-10 minutes. ENJOY!
I found these chocolate chips at Target with the baking items in the Halloween section.
If you are unable to find and still want to use them I also found them on Amazon:
Since the dough had to be chilled, I went ahead and used my Cookie Scoop
(I always use my scoop and never roll by hand) and placed them all on a wax paper-lined jelly roll pan. It made 3 dozen exactly and I would just take it out and place a dozen scoops onto a greased cookie sheet as I went.
The kids absolutely LOVED the cookies! The chips don’t taste any different from semi-sweet and white chocolate chips, but are simply more festive. My only complaint about the chips was that they were a tid melted and stuck together in the package but that’s how they were at the store. I’m guessing it’s due to the fact that it’s HOT in Houston.
BEHIND THE SCENES AT LILLUNA.COM:
Kid-Approved!! These cookies were the perfect treat for Family Night!