I LOVE desserts! You guy shouldn’t be surprised to hear that because there usually seems to be at least one dessert recipe on the site each week. What can I say? I have a sweet tooth. 😉
I’ve blogged about this before, but we usually have plenty of excuses to make sweets, whether for company coming over or for the hubby’s students. That means I love to try out new desserts (as well as make old favorites) for these events, and today’s recipe has become a new favorite! The reason I love it so much is because it’s so simple and tastes like a million bucks. In fact, I made it for a Pizza Night at the park we planned last month with 10 families and I had several people asking for the recipe. When I told them what it was they couldn’t believe how simple it was. I went on to explain that it’s easy and also has sweetened condensed milk which gives it that gooey, delicious taste that is irresistible.
If you’re looking to try a simple but delicious recipe, this one is it! 😉
- 1 pouch Betty Crocker chocolate chip cookie mix
- ½ cup butter (softened)
- 1 egg
- 1 cup butterscotch chips
- 1 cup milk chocolate chips
- 1 cup flaked coconut
- 1 can (14 oz.) sweetened condensed milk
- Preheat oven to 350.
- In a large bowl mix cookie mix, butter and eggs until well combined and dough forms. Press into the bottom of a greased 13x9 pan. Bake for 14-16 minutes.
- Once done baking, sprinkle butterscotch chips over the cookie layer, along with milk chocolate chips and coconut. Drizzle sweetened condensed milk over the top.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes longer or until golden brown. Let cool completely before cutting into squares.
Recipe from Betty Crocker.
This was the cookie dough made from the Betty Crocker pouch. But, you can definitely use your favorite homemade cookie recipe too. 😉
Dump on the milk and butterscotch chips.
Sprinkle on coconut.
Top it off with a can of sweetened condensed milk!
Oh yeah – SO good!!! You can enjoy these bars on their own or fresh from the oven with ice cream. 😉
For even more delicious bar recipes, check out:
For all dessert recipes go HERE.
For all recipes go HERE.
And get weekly emails with monthly freebies by signing up for the Lil’ Luna newsletter. 🙂
Don’t miss a thing – Sign up for the Lil’ Luna Newsletter today!
Need more recipes and creative ideas? Sign up and get a FREE copy of my latest ebook!