With the holidays comes so many delicious recipes. I mean, it’s no surprise that most people gain a few pounds this time of year with all the eating we do between Thanksgiving and Christmas. I’m trying to lose weight now just so I can eat all the yummy holiday food so it all evens out, LOL!!! 😀
One of my favorite things to eat during December is Bark. I’ve loved it for years and love making it even more because it’s so simple. Each year, my mom, sisters, sister-in-laws and myself gather for a cookie exchange to make cookie plates. After each plate is assembled, I love adding some pretty bark to each plate to make it look even better!! We package it nicely and add cute tags and bells and friends and neighbors go nuts over it. I realized I hadn’t posted a peppermint bark recipe on here so today’s recipe is just that. It’s simple to make and one the kids can help make. Today’s version is a Marble Bark and for half the batch I added crushed candy canes and the other Toffee Bits. Both were a hit in our home and both can be changed up depending on what toppings you add. Nuts, crushed Oreos, and other candies would all be great on this bark recipe too. Here is what you’ll need to make it…
- 6 cubes vanilla candy coating
- 6 cubes chocolate candy coating
- crushed candy canes
- Toffee bits
- *Milk chocolate chips and white chocolate chips can be used instead of candy coating also.
- Begin by lining a cookie sheet with wax paper. Set aside.
- Add vanilla cubes to a small pot and melt on low stirring constantly. Once smooth, pour dollops of candy coating onto wax paper.
- Add chocolate cubes to a small pot and melt on low stirring constantly. Once smooth, pour dollops of candy coating in between vanilla dollops.
- Take a knife and swirl candy coating together. Sprinkle with crushed candy canes or toffee bits. Refrigerate for at least one hour, break into pieces and enjoy!
The Toffee Marble bark was especially a hit with my husband. His favorite candy is Heath, so he thought this treat was amazing. I have to agree with him. 😉
This would be so pretty chopped into pieces and put in a clear jar with a pretty bow on top!!
For more great holiday treats, be sure to check out:
For all dessert recipes on the site go HERE.
For all Christmas ideas go HERE.
Need more recipes and creative ideas? Sign up and get a FREE copy of my latest ebook!