This post brought to you by Dollar General. All opinions are 100% mine.
What is your favorite candy bar?
Mine would have to be Milky Way®. It’s the candy bar I get whenever I want to treat myself or need a chocolate fix.
You can guess then that was a little more than excited when my mom informed me that she would be making a Milky Way Cake for dessert on Easter Sunday. YES, PLEASE!! The cake was divine and was filled with so much chocolate and caramel goodness, it could have put anyone into a chocolate coma!
My mom got the recipe from Twirl & Taste. She didn’t change anything about it at all, which is probably good because the cake was wonderful just as it was. If you like chocolate and caramel, then you won’t want to miss trying out this recipe to have your own little slice of heaven.
Milky Way® Cake recipe:
Milky Way Cake
By April 12, 2013Published:
A Chocolate and Carmel cake filled with Milky Ways.
- 1 stick butter
- 1 cup Crisco
- 4 eggs
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 1/2 cups flour
- 1 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 2 tsp. vanilla
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 8 Milky Way Bars regular size
- Place Milky Way bars and butter in a pan and put on low heat until melted together.
- In a separate bowl cream sugar and Crisco. Add remainder ingredients and mix well.
- Add melted candy and butter mixture with sugar and Crisco mix until well combined.
- Pour into a greased 9x13 pan. Bake at 350 for 1 hour.
- FROSTING INGREDIENTS: 3 Milky Way Bars (regular size), 1 stick of butter, 1 tsp. vanilla, 1 tsp. cocoa powder, 2 cups powdered sugar, 1/2 cup marshmallow cream, & 1/2 cup milk
- Melt candy bars and butter in a pan over low heat. Add powdered sugar, cocoa powder, milk, and vanilla - mix well. Add marshmallow cream and mix well. Add a few tablespoons of milk if it is too thick. Pour over cooled cake and let set up. Sprinkle with chopped Milky Way pieces of desired. ENJOY
WordPress Recipe Plugin by ReciPress
Oh, for the love of Milky Ways®… and butter… and everything else in this cake that you can imagine makes it so wonderful!
In case you’re looking for a good deal on Milky Ways® I wanted to make sure you knew about a great deal going on with MARS® products at Dollar General. Not sure if you have one of these near you, but right now if you buy THREE 2 Liters of participating sodas (7-Up®, A&W Rootbeer®, or Sunkist Orange®) you can get a FREE Mars Chocolate FUN SIZE® 6-pack (Either Milky Way®, 3 Musketeer®, or Snickers®). Sweet, right?! No one minds getting free stuff!!
For more Milky Way Goodness be sure to try these: