Do your kids love CORN DOGS?
My kids love them, and especially my 3 year old who asks for them daily. Of course, we don’t have them daily and only have them occasionally, but I’m always keeping my eyes open for similar recipes/concoctions for great lunch and dinner ideas. When I spotted these Mini Corn Dog Muffins I knew we had to give them a go, and they were not a disappointment. All the kids loved them, and I think the hubby was the biggest fan of all. The muffins were a bit crumbly but I’m hoping to add some honey next time so they are a little more sticky. With the cheese on the inside, they add even more flavorful touch making these a great alternate to the classic corn dogs.
Here is the simple recipe so you can make them for your own family…
- 1 pkg. 8.5 oz. corn muffin mix
- 1 egg
- ⅓ cup milk
- 2 oz. Velveetam cut into 18-24 pieces
- 3 beef hot dogs, each cut into 8 pieces
- Preheat oven to 375ºF.
- Prepare muffin batter as directed on package.
- Fill each cup of a greased mini muffin pan half way.
- Add a hot dog and cheese piece to the center of each cup and bake for 10-12 minutes.
- Leet cool for a few minutes and ENJOY!
Recipe from Kraft Foods.
For more delicious corn dog recipes, check out:
And for another yummy finger food dinner ideas, check out these Bacon Cheddar Pinwheels:
For all recipes on the site, go HERE.
And get weekly emails with monthly freebies by signing up for the Lil’ Luna newsletter.
BEHIND THE SCENES AT LILLUNA.COM:
As I was taking photos, I noticed a cute, little hand reaching in. Couldn’t help snap a pic of those cute fingers!
Need more recipes and creative ideas? Sign up and get a FREE copy of my latest ebook!