I had seen the idea on Pinterest from The Country Cook and knew I had to try it myself.
I made mine with Red Oreos with Valentines in mind to make them more festive looking, but you can do them with any kind of Oreo (as you can see below).
Here is how you can make it as well…
- 1 box chocolate cake mix (oil, water, and eggs)
- 2 boxes Oreo pudding
- 4 cups milk
- 1 package crushed Oreos
- Make cake as directed using a 9x13 pan.
- While cake is still semi-warm, poke holes into your cake. I used the end of highlighter.
- Make pudding as directed on box and pour over cake.
- Sprinkle crushed oreos on top.
And I’ve also made it with regular Oreos, which tastes exactly the same, it just doesn’t have the red. And what’s great about this recipe is that there are so many different kinds of Oreos these days that you can change up the flavor a bit as well as add a little color depending on what Oreos you use.
This cake was so simple and tasty. Everyone loved it.
I’ve had people ask where to get the Red Oreos, and they are a seasonal item. I found mine discounted at Target in January. I’ve also seen Pink Oreos and want to get some of those too for other Valentines goodies.
For more great cake desserts, be sure to check out: