This next recipe is one my mom tried out. It’s one we’ve made different variations of since I was little. The reason we keep making it is because it’s easy and so delicious!
My hubby is a HUGE pistachio fan, and he loves Shortbread Cookies so he’s already asked if I could make this asap. We’re actually in Arizona right now and my mom is planning on making it again this week while we’re here just because she knows how much Lorin would love it. (Thanks, Mom!!)
If you love pistachio, pudding, shortbread cookies, and M&Ms too – then you’ll also love this dessert!
Looks fab, right?
Here’s the recipe for this Pistachio Shortbread Dessert:
- 1 13 oz pkg shortbread cookies
- 3 TB butter, melted
- 2 boxes (3.4 oz) instant pistachio pudding
- 2¾ cup whole milk
- 1 8 oz pkg cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 2 small cartons cool whip, divided
- Smash shortbread cookies in a ziploc bag, till fine. Put crumbs in melted butter and press into a 9x13 pan. Bake at 350 for about 10 minutes in the oven until golden. Let cool.
- Smooth together cream cheese, sugar and 2 cups of your cool whip. Pour an even layer over crushed cookie crust.
- Mix the milk and pudding mix together till it thick. Pour over the cream cheese layer.
- Spread your remaining cool whip over the top and refrigerate.
Adapted from HERE.
You can crush the Sandies as much as you want. I like mine with a few chunks, but if you want it very fine, throw them in the food processor. 😉
My mom used the mini Baking M&Ms for for the top but you can use sprinkles, crumbs or anything else you like. 🙂
My mom was actually telling me that they liked this so much that they’ve made it twice in the last week and a half. With us here, it looks like it will be 3 times in the last two weeks. I think that means it’s pretty delicious!! 😉
For more fun Christmas desserts be sure to check out:
For all holiday recipes go HERE.
For all Recipes go HERE.
And get weekly emails with monthly freebies by signing up for the Lil’ Luna newsletter. 🙂
Need more recipes and creative ideas? Sign up and get a FREE copy of my latest ebook!