I was so thrilled to be getting a loft when we moved to our new home.
The hubby and I had already decided we would use it as a playroom. It’s where we put all the kids toys (there are very few in their rooms). It has been so nice to have one big place where the kiddos can play with their friends and a great gathering place for our family on Family Movie Night (every Friday night)! We love it.
Unfortunately, I haven’t taken a ton of time to decorate it or do some fun things with it, but I’m slowly making progress.
A few weeks ago I made some cute Playroom Signs that I hadn’t even thought of doing tutorials for until a ton of friends asked me if I had put them on the blog yet. Having said that I thought I would do a quick tutorial for them.
They were so easy to do and cost only a few dollars/each to make!
– Masonite/Hard board
– White Paint
– Colored Spray Paint
– Command Strips
– Spray Polyurethane
1. Cut your hardboard the size you want the signs to be. I wanted mine large so they are 2 feet x 2 feet each. The hardboard/masonite can be found at your local Lowe’s or Home Depot in a large sheet. The larger the sheet the cheaper it usually is per square foot. These ones ended up being just a few dollars each.
2. Spray paint your boards white or whatever color you want the text part to be. Let dry.
3. Design and cut your vinyl to fit your board. Peel and add vinyl to your board.
4. Spray paint it the colors you want your signs to be. I used turquoise, red and apple green. Let dry.
5. Add a few coats of Spray Polyurethane. Let dry.
5. Peel off vinyl.
So easy, right?!
I love how they turned out and loved that they are so big!!
Now, I just need to finish the rest of the play room, lol!
For more decor ideas be sure to take a look at:
For all Crafts & Tutorials go HERE.
For all Decor ideas go HERE.
And get weekly emails with monthly freebies by signing up for the Lil’ Luna newsletter.
Don’t miss a thing – Sign up for the Lil’ Luna Newsletter today!
Need more recipes and creative ideas? Sign up and get a FREE copy of my ebook!