Any large, clear glass bowl is best for showing off the layers! Sometimes, I like to add salted caramel sauce in with the other layers for that little bit of extra somethin’ somethin’. You can also layer this in individual trifle bowls if you would like! This serves a lot – so make sure you have lots of help eating this! 🙂
- 1 box (15.25-18.25 oz.) spice cake mix
- Ingredients listed on box to prepare cake
- 1 pkg (8 oz.) cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup canned pure pumpkin
- ½ cup sugar
- ½ tsp. pumpkin pie spice
- 2 tubs (8 oz. each) whipped topping (such as Cool Whip), thawed
- Prepare and bake cake according to instructions on the box. Allow to cool completely.
- Once the cake has cooled, crumble it into a large bowl. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat the cream cheese, pumpkin, sugar and pumpkin spice with an electric mixer until thoroughly combined. Gently stir in one tub of whipped topping. Set aside.
- In a trifle bowl, layer one-fourth of the cake crumbs. Top with half of the pumpkin cheesecake mixture. Add another cake crumb layer. Top with the remaining tub of whipped topping. Add the more cake crumbs. Top with the remaining pumpkin cheesecake mixture. Add the remaining cake crumbs.
- Serve immediately or refrigerate until serving time. Refrigerate any leftovers.
- Serves 24.
Pumpkin Spice Muddy Buddies
Two Ingredient Pumpkin Brownies
For even more recipes from Love Bakes Good Cakes, follow me on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, Instagram or Google+
This looks amazing, Jamie!!
Don’t think you can go wrong with this Pumpkin Spice Trifle. 🙂
Head to Love Bakes Good Cakes for more great recipes from Jamie!
For more delicious pumpkin recipes, check out:
And get weekly emails with monthly freebies by signing up for the Lil’ Luna newsletter. 🙂
Need more recipes and creative ideas? Sign up and get a FREE copy of my latest ebook!