Rice Krispies Making Memories Challenge.
We are so excited to present our
RICE KRISPIES CARAMEL APPLE TREATS
|Serve these treats on a spooky spider plate for the complete Halloween experience!
Fun place cards for guests “Noah Pulse,” “Doug M. Upp,” “Myra Mains,” and “Stella Live”
really set the mood for this fun and spooky party.
Rice Krispies Caramel Apple Treats
By October 7, 2011
- Yield: 12
Rice Krispies served as Caramel Apples, perfect in the fall and around Halloween.
IngredientsPrint This Recipe
- 4 tbsp buttter or margarine
- 1 10 oz. bag marshmallows
- 1 1/2 c dehydrated apples
- 2 (individual serving size) packets apple cider drink mix
- 1 1/2 c carmel bits or carmal squares cut into small chunks
- 6 c Kellog's Rice Krispies
- popsicle, lollipop or other sticks
- caramel for dipping the apples
- •assorted cookies, candies, and sprinkles for decorating
- Before you begin cooking, rough chop 1 ½ cups of dehydrated apples into small chunks.
- Heat 4 Tbsp butter or margarine in a sauce pan over low heat. Add the marshmallows and stir until completely melted.
- Stir in 2 packets of Apple Cider drink mix.
- Remove from heat and stir in 6 cups of Kelloggs Rice Krispies®.
- While the mixture is still hot, add the dehydrated apples and caramel chunks.
- Once the mixture is cool enough to handle, tightly pack balls of Caramel Apple Treats around your stick. Make sure your hands are clean and greased well to avoid sticking.
- Rest your treats, stick side up on a sheet of wax paper or greased cookie sheet.
- Refrigerate the treats until it is party time.
- FOR DIPPING AND DECORATING: Heat up a bag of caramels on the stove-top according to the package instructions.
- Depending on age and kitchen experience, you can let your child dip the caramel apple treats in the caramel or you can give some assistance.
- Before the caramel sets up, have your child roll their caramel apple treat in various candies, sprinkles, or crushed up cookies. You can go crazy and incorporate your families favorite treats into this recipe.
- Eat and enjoy!