This giveaway is now closed.
Happy National Pound Cake Day!!!
I have to begin by saying I LOVE Pound Cake… who am I kidding? I pretty much love ALL cake, but I’ve come to love pound cake, in particular, over the past few years. It is always so delicious and soft!
Not sure if you remember but last year I celebrated National Pound Cake Day with Sara Lee and made Pound Cake French Toast. It is the BEST! We’ve had it a few times since then and every time I do have it I’m reminded again just how delicious and versatile this yummy treat can be.
To celebrate today, I wanted to share a new recipe that I tried out this weekend. Let me begin by saying it may be one of the BEST desserts I’ve ever made. It was so stinkin’ delicious and was gone in a matter of seconds… Snickerdoodle Pound Cake a la Mode with White Chocolate Sauce. Yes, you heard me right… a ton of delicious flavors all wrapped up in this yummy treat! I’ve always been a huge fan of warm and cold treats served together (brownies and ice cream, cobbler and ice cream, etc.) and wanted to do the same thing with this pound cake. The result was AHHH-MAZING!! No joke! The best part was that it was super easy to make and tasted like it came straight from a restaurant!!
Looks pretty fab, right?! The bottom pound cake layer had a crunch outside and was covered in cinnamon and sugar. Ice cream is in the middle and the top was covered in a homemade White Chocolate Sauce with white chocolate curls. Yes… you can begin to drool now! 😉
If you’d like to try this delicious recipe as well, here it is…
- Sara Lee Pound Cake
- 4 TB melted butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 TB cinnamon
- Ice Cream
- ¼ cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 TB butter
- 4 oz. White Chocolate
- White Chocolate curls
- Begin by slicing your pound cake in ¾" - 1" thick pieces. Set aside.
- Add sugar and cinnamon to a bowl and mix well. Set aside.
- Melt butter in microwave.
- Using a pastry brush, brush butter over the front, sides and back of a slice of pound cake. Place in sugar/cinnamon mixture and mix around until all coated. Do this for all cake slices.
- Place each slice on a baking sheet lined with aluminum foil.
- Bake at 325 for 7-9 minutes.
- While pound cakes are baking, chop your white chocolate. Place in a bowl and set aside.
- In a small pot melt 1 TB butter and ¼ cup whipping cream until butter is melted and mixture starts to boil.
- Pour over chopped white chocolate and stir until chocolate is melted and mixture is smooth.
- Once pound cakes are done and while still warm. Add a scoop of ice cream.
- Pour white chocolate sauce over ice cream and garnish with white chocolate curls.
Mix your 1 cup sugar and 1 TB cinnamon in a bowl or cake pan.
Slice cake, butter and coat in cinnamon/sugar mixture.
Bake your pound cake until crunch on the outside and soft on the inside – YUM!
Add ice cream, chocolate sauce and curls and you have a super delicious treat that everyone will love.
The combination of the pound cake, cinnamon and sugar, ice cream and white chocolate sauce make this dessert irresistible!
Seriously – I’ll probably be dreaming about this recipe tonight… it was so delicious!
In celebration of National Pound Cake Day Sara Lee and myself are giving 1 LUCKY Lil’ Luna reader a:
And not only will you receive a $50 Visa Gift Card, but you’ll get some Sara Lee Coupons to try out their awesome products!
Just leave a comment below stating what your favorite Pound Cake recipe is!
Giveaway ends next Tuesday night at 11:59 PM. Winner will be emailed the following day and must claim their prize within 48 hours before a new winner is chosen.
GOOD LUCK and once again Happy National Pound Cake Day!
For more information about Sara Lee go HERE.
Or find them here…
For more great recipes using Sara Lee products be sure to check out:
For all Dessert recipes go HERE.
And get weekly emails with monthly freebies by signing up for the Lil’ Luna newsletter.
This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of Sara Lee Desserts. As always, all opinions are 100% my own.