Did you know it’s WAFFLE DAY today? You probably didn’t even know the day existed, and I didn’t either until I was looking on a holiday calendar awhile back. In celebration of this silly holiday I thought I’d share with you a new recipe we recently tried out that is perfect to celebrate today with.
They’re Snickerdoodle Waffles… yes, Cinnamon and Sugar covered waffles that are sure to make you smile.
I warn that they can be pretty rich (kinda like cinnamon rolls), but they are oh-so heavenly and were very easy to make.
- 2 cups flour
- 1 tsp. salt
- 4 tsp. baking powder
- 2 TB sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 cup milk warm
- 1/3 cup butter melted
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1 tsp. almond extract
- Topping Ingredients below
- Preheat waffle iron.
- In a bowl mix flour, baking powder salt and sugar.
- In a separate bowl beat 2 eggs. Add warm milk, 1/3 cup melted butter, vanilla and almond extract. Mix well and add to your dry ingredient bowl.
- Add 1 tsp. cinnamon to your waffle mixture. Pour into waffle iron and cook.
- While waffles are cooking melt 1/2 cup butter in a bowl. Also place 3/4 cup sugar and 1/4 cup cinnamon in pan (for the topping).
- When waffles are done quickly dip in melted butter and then sprinkle on a tablespoon or two of the sugar/cinnamon mixture. *You can also use the spray on butter instead if you prefer.
- Serve warm and ENJOY!
How delicious does this look?!
These waffles were great! I had thought of making Homemade Buttermilk Syrup to go with them and then realized I was glad I didn’t because they were already very rich as they were.
I was glad the kids liked them but shortly realized that they would be crazy if they hadn’t liked them. They were practically eating dessert for breakfast when they had these – lol!
For more Yummy Breakfast dishes be sure to check out:
Happy National Waffle Day, friends! Hope you can have some waffles for breakfast (or dinner) today to celebrate.