My family sure loves COOKIES! And usually we try and try a cookie recipe until we find the perfect one. Well, we’ve used the same Snickerdoodle Recipe for the longest time, but my mom decided to try a new one a week ago. We were all pleasantly surprised at how good, soft and easy they were to make. I still can’t decide which one I like better, so I thought I’d share it with you today and you could decide for yourself.
Both are easy and both result in Soft, Delicious Snickerdoodles so I think you’ll love either one. 😉
If you like soft, cinnamon-y cookies, you will love this Soft Snickerdoodles Recipe.
- 1½ cup sugar
- ½ cup butter flavored shortening
- ½ cup butter
- 2 eggs room temperature
- 1 TB vanila
- 1½ tsp. cream of tartar
- 2¾ cup flour
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- ⅛ tsp. baking powder
- ½ tsp. salt
- 3 tsp. cinnamon
- 4 TB sugar
- Cream butter, shortening and sugar by hand in a mixing bowl.
- Add eggs and vanilla and cream together.
- In a separate bowl combine, cream of tartar, flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt. Gradually add this mixture to the creamed mixture and stir until well combined.
- Refrigerate for 30 - 45 minutes.
- Combine sugar and cinnamon in a small bowl. Form dough into small balls, roll in sugar/cinnamon mixture and then place on a greased cookie sheet.
- Bake at 375 for 8 minutes.
Here is the other Snickerdoodle Recipe we love as well as other YUMMY Snickerdoodle creations….
For all Dessert recipes go HERE.
For all Recipes go HERE.
And get weekly emails with monthly freebies by signing up for the Lil’ Luna newsletter.