My family sure loves COOKIES! And usually we try and try a cookie recipe until we find the perfect one. Well, we’ve used the same Snickerdoodle Recipe for the longest time, but my mom decided to try a new one a week ago. We were all pleasantly surprised at how good, soft and easy they were to make. I still can’t decide which one I like better, so I thought I’d share it with you today and you could decide for yourself.
Both are easy and both result in Soft, Delicious Snickerdoodles so I think you’ll love either one.
- 1½ cup sugar
- ½ cup butter flavored shortening
- ½ cup butter
- 2 eggs room temperature
- 1 TB vanila
- 1½ tsp. cream of tartar
- 2¾ cup flour
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- ⅛ tsp. baking powder
- ½ tsp. salt
- 3 tsp. cinnamon
- 4 TB sugar
- Cream butter, shortening and sugar by hand in a mixing bowl.
- Add eggs and vanilla and cream together.
- In a separate bowl combine, cream of tartar, flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt. Gradually add this mixture to the creamed mixture and stir until well combined.
- Refrigerate for 30 - 45 minutes.
- Combine sugar and cinnamon in a small bowl. Form dough into small balls, roll in sugar/cinnamon mixture and then place on a greased cookie sheet.
- Bake at 375 for 8 minutes.
Here is the other Snickerdoodle Recipe we love as well as other YUMMY Snickerdoole creations….
You can find all my RECIPES by going to my index HERE.