Hey Lil’ Luna readers! It’s Kristin, back again from Yellow Bliss Road to share another super yummy dessert with you!
I love, love, love strawberries, as you can see by my Strawberry Shortcake Ice Cream & Cookie Cupcakes or my Skinny Strawberry Lemonade Fizz. We are heading into spring and strawberries will be in abundance very soon. Although, I’m in Southern California where we are lucky enough to have strawberries available pretty much year round. So this strawberry banana cake quickly became a favorite for my whole family.
Kristyn and I have one thing in common for sure – we both love the ease and flexible that using a boxed cake mix offers! It makes a great, quick and easy base for so many different recipes. For this recipe I opted for a strawberry cake mix. I added fresh strawberries and bananas.
This recipe is a great spring dessert, and I think we might even make it for Easter! Hope you enjoy it as much as we do.
- 1 box strawberry cake mix
- 1 egg
- 1Tbsp oil
- 1 cup sliced strawberries (about 12 smallish)
- 2 bananas +1 Tbsp milk blended or mashed
- In a large mixing bowl, sift cake mix. Make a well in the center and add the other ingredients. Stir just until combined. Grease a 9x12 pan and evenly pour mix in. Bake at 350 degrees.
- Allow to cool completely, then frost with cream cheese frosting. (Feel free to cheat and just use Betty Crocker's Whipped Cream Cheese Frosting. Add fresh strawberries for garnish. Slice into squares and serve.
This looks so delicious, Kristin!!
And with Cream Cheese frosting – how could you go wrong?!
For more great recipes from Kristin be sure to check out:
For all dessert recipes go HERE.
For all recipes go HERE.
And get weekly emails with monthly freebies by signing up for the Lil’ Luna newsletter.