Most of you who know me personally know that I swear by mom’s Sugar Cookies. They are the best yet that I have ever tasted and I crave them ALL THE TIME!! I shared the recipe last year and have had several readers tell me they are their new favorites. Not surprised, really.
Well, my mom likes to try new recipes and tried out a new Sugar Cookies recipe. All of us kids were a little skeptical to try them because we are huge fans of the classic cookies she makes. To our surprise, these cookies were DELICIOUS and very comparable in taste and yummy-ness to the other recipe. She was able to find the recipe from HERE and it’s not too different to our Class Sugar Cookies recipe. They are a little more cream cheese-y and less Almond Extract-y and are soft and perfect.
By February 1, 2013Published:
Soft and yummy sugar cookies that the whole family will love.
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/2 cup shortening
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 tsp. vanilla
- 2 1/4 cup flour
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. cream of tartar
- Cream butter, shortening, sugar and powdered sugar in a bowl until fluffy. Beat in vanilla and egg. Set aside.
- Sift dry ingredients together and add to the butter mixture. Mix well.
- Roll out dough onto a light-floured surface to a 3/8 inch thickness. Cut out cookies with a cookie cutter. Place on lightly greased cookie sheet and bake at 375 for 8-9 minutes.
- To make frosting cream together 1/2 cup butter (softened), 1/2 cup cream cheese (softened), pinch of salt, 1/2 tsp. vanilla, 1/2 tsp. almond extract, and food coloring until creamy.
- Mix in 4 cups powdered sugar until well blended. If too thick, add a little milk.
- Frost cookies and enjoy!
WordPress Recipe Plugin by ReciPress
Be sure to check out the Original Soft Sugar Cookie recipe here if you want to try that too. I seriously don’t know which one I like better!