It’s no surprise that my family loves food.
In fact, every gathering of ours is pretty much planned around a menu and delicious food. What can we say? It makes us happy. It helps that we all LOVE to try out new recipes. Our family gatherings are a good way to get a consensus on whether or not a recipe is a keeper. This next recipe is one my sister decided to give a try, and it ended up being a hit (in all honesty, we only share the recipes we like on here and if it’s a dud it never gets up on the site, which means you can assume all recipes here are ones we like!). 😉
This Taco Pasta Salad was easy to throw together and is a great side dish to go with all the Mexican dishes we are always making.
Can you see all that yummy-ness in there? Pasta Shells, black beans, corn, cilantro, avocado… my favorites!!
If you’d like to tryout this super simple Taco Pasta Salad, here is the recipe:
- 1 box pasta shells
- 1 can black beans, drained & rinsed
- 1 10 ounce frozen corn
- 1 can diced tomatoes
- 8 ounces shredded Mexican blend cheese
- ½ can el pato tomato sauce
- ½ cup olive oil
- 3-4 TB lime juice
- 1 TB cumin
- 1-2 tsp. chili powder
- 2 tsp. minced garlic
- ½ cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 avocado, diced
- salt & pepper to taste
- Cook the pasta according to package directions. Drain and rinse with cold water and pour in a large bowl.
- Add to cooled pasta the black beans, corn, tomatoes, el pato , and cheese.
- In another bowl, whisk together the olive oil, lime juice, garlic, cumin and chili powder. Pour over pasta salad and add the cilantro. Season to taste with salt & pepper and mix well.
- Just before serving,throw in the diced avocado.
For more great recipes perfect to make and serve with your next Mexican meal be sure to try out these…
For all Side Dish recipes go HERE.
For all Lil’ Luna recipes go HERE.
And get weekly emails with monthly freebies by signing up for the Lil’ Luna newsletter.
Pictures for this recipe were re-taken by Lil’ Luna contributor, Alicia, of The Baker Upstairs.
Need more recipes and creative ideas? Sign up and get a FREE copy of my ebook!