I know I’ve mentioned this before but even though I LOVE fruit, I don’t like it in my desserts or other dishes.
Weird, I know.
I guess you could say I was surprised then when my mom made my family some Banana Bread and I could NOT stop eating it.
It was DELISH!!!
I asked her what the secret was to The Best Banana Bread Recipe and she said “Whipped Topping and Sour Cream.”
YUP. Both of those ingredients are in this bread and make it so stinkin’ good and so (although I don’t really like this word) MOIST!!
I don’t think I’ll ever use another Banana Bread recipe again.
The Best Banana Bread
By August 17, 2012
- Yield: 2 loaves
A super moist and flavor-filled recipe for banana bread.
IngredientsPrint This Recipe
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup oil
- 3 eggs
- 3 tsp. vanilla
- 1 12 oz. carton of sour cream
- 4 bananas ripe
- 2 1/2 cups flour
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1 envelope whipped topping
- pinch of salt
- Preheat oven to 350. Spray two loaf pans with spray or grease and flour.
- Cream sugars, oil and eggs. Add vanilla, sour cream, and bananas. Mix well.
- In a separate bowl combine flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt and powdered whipped topping. Add dry mixture to wet mixture and mix well. (You can add chocolate chips as well - optional)
- Pour into prepared pans. Bake 40-50 minutes.
Since then I have made this recipe every other week for the last few months. It’s the perfect go-to recipe when the bananas start getting old and you don’t want to waste them and throw them away.
So, what’s your favorite Banana Bread recipe? Leave a link below so I can check it out.