I’ve been wanting to make this next project for several months now.
My BIL, Ryan gave me the window cuz he knew that if it was wood and could be painted, then I couldn’t turn it down.
Oddly enough, I knew exactly what I wanted to do with it but just hadn’t had the time to work on it. I finally made time and with the help of the hubby, made it this past holiday weekend (thanks Lo – you’re the best!!)
Here is how you can use this 6 BEs Window Frame Tutorial to make your own…
-Vinyl or Paint
-Teeth to Hang with
1. Tape off glass so paint doesn’t get all over. Paint frame the desired color.
2. Once dry, to add a distressed look, add some tan paint to a dry paper towel. Rub the paint onto the board where you want it to look distressed. Using a wet paper towel, rub the areas with paint (be sure to rub in the same direction as the wood grain). Repeat until it looks how you want it to.
3. Let dry and then spray with polyurethane
(make sure to cover glass so poly doesn’t get on it).
4. Add vinyl or make stencils and paint onto the glass. Let dry.
5. Add teeth to the back of the window frame to be able to hang.
That’s all I did, and I LOVE how it turned out, especially cuz I had all the supplies (got the window for free), which means it was pretty much: FREE!!