I’ve been seeing Children Silhouettes all over the place! Aren’t they so cute?! Well, I decided to do this tutorial for a blog swap, and I’m now posting it here.
I hope you like it.
-Profile pics of your kiddos
-Black Cardstock or Vinyl
- 8×10 Frames (1 for each child, or if you have several children, use 5×7 frames)
1. Begin by taking profile pics of your kids. Print these off from your computer and cut out their profile.
2. Trace the profile onto black cardstock paper making sure that the profiles are the same direction for each kid. Cut those out. Set aside.
3. Paint your frames and piece of wood if they are not the color you already want them. I found my frames at Hobby Lobby for $2.50, and the wood was a scrap from the garage. Let dry and distress when dry.
4. Cut out 8×10 pieces from scrapbook paper, and print onto the bottom the name of your child or you could use Vinyl.
5.Also print from the computer onto the scrapbook paper going onto the wood the phrase: “Some of God’s Greatest Gifts…” (or you can use vinyl again). Mod podge scrapbook paper to the wood and let dry.
6. Glue your silhouette to the scrapbook paper.
7. Before inserting the scrapbook paper into the frame, be sure to add the ribbon to the backs of the frame and the wood with hot glue or staple gun.
8. Insert pics and hang. I hung mine on a Hanging Rod I got at Target.
A super cute display of your children and a reminder of the blessings they are in our lives.