Your favorite cookie dipped in candy coating and turned into a Valentine! These OREO pops are the perfect Valentine’s Day classroom treat or fun snack to give to all of your special sweethearts!
Every year, as soon as the kids begin talking about their classroom Valentine’s day party, I begin to ask myself, “What will the kids love this year?” I always like making something fun and creative for my son’s classmates, and they always enjoy a special treat! These Valentine’s Day OREO Pops are the perfect fun, colorful solution for the ultimate Valentine’s Day classroom treat!
Perfect for a classroom Valentine’s day party, and even better wrapped up in a cute treat bag to go with hand-made Valentines, these OREO pops will be a hit with every kid in the class!
The best part about these fun treats is that they just require a few ingredients, and a couple of simple items you get at your local craft store. I used “Mega Stuf” OREO’s, which have a bit more filling in the middle. These are perfect for sliding in your lollipop stick. I do recommend dipping the lollipop sticks in a bit of melted candy coating and THEN inserting into the cookie. This will help ensure the cookie stays on the stick when dipping into the candy coating.
From here, the fun begins! Dip the OREO’s into the melted candy coating and decorate with your choice of sprinkles or additional colors of candy coating. Make fun heart shaped on top with coordinating colors of candy coating, and top with pretty Valentine’s Day sprinkles. The possibilities are endless!
Here is the recipe and easy directions for making these fun Valentine’s Day OREO Pops:
- 1 package "Mega Stuf" OREO cookies, or other Double Stuffed Sandwich cookies
- 1 pkg. red candy melts
- 1 pkg. pink candy melts
- Valentine's Day sprinkles of your choice
- lollipop sticks
- Lay a large piece of waxed paper on your work surface.
- In separate microwave safe bowls, melt the candy melts in the microwave according to package directions.
- Dip the end of the lollipop stick into a small amount of the melted candy coating, and place it about half way through the middle frosting portion of the cookie. Let the cookies sit for about 5-10 minutes.
- Dip the cookie pops into the candy coating, using a spoon or spatula to help coat all sides of the cookie. Shake off any excess candy coating, and immediately place back on the waxed paper. Repeat process for all cookies. Decorate with additional candy coating or sprinkles. Let cookies set for at least 1 hour before transferring from the waxed paper to final container. Wrap in treat bags and secure with a colorful ribbon if desired.
If you loved these fun OREO pops, be sure to check out more of Erin’s adorable treats, like these:
OREO’s are a major favorite around here, and these look SO good.
These would make awesome party treats, or you could wrap them individually for Valentines!!
Thanks, Erin, for sharing these OREO pops with us!
If you’d like to see more of her amazing recipes and creations, check out her blog, Delightful E Made.
Here are some more Valentine’s treats from yours truly:
For all things Valentine’s Day, go HERE.
For all dessert recipes, go HERE.
And get weekly emails with monthly freebies by signing up for the Lil’ Luna newsletter. 🙂
Need more recipes and creative ideas? Sign up and get a FREE copy of my latest ebook!