Don’t miss a thing – Sign up for the Lil’ Luna Newsletter today!
Some of my friends have recently asked that I show how to make Flower Clips for little girls. I know they are so stinkin’ popular and have been for a few years, but in case you don’t know how to make them, here is what you need.
-Alligator Clips (you can get them online HERE or at Joann’s or Sally’s Beauty Supply)
-Buttons/Jewels/Fabric Covered Buttons
1. Begin by cutting the ribbon about 3.75 inches long. Using hot glue, adhere the ribbon to the alligator clip by starting underneath the top of the clip and going over and a little bit under. It’s easiest to do all of these at once in an assemble line.
2. Prep the flowers by taking them apart and throwing away the middle part. Hot glue all the petal layers together.
3. If you are doing fabric flowers, cut 3-4 circles -(1 or 2) 3.5 inch circles, (1) 3 inch circle, and (1) 2 inch circle. If you are making several and want to fray these very easily, put them in a pillow case, tie a knot, and throw it into the washer & dryer. You may have to iron them afterward, but if you are making several it’s worth your time and won’t kill your fingers. Once these are dry and ironed, hot glue the layers together (in the middle), largest to smallest. Fray the edges even more by teasing them with your fingers.
4. Add a button or jewel to the center. I am IN LOVE with Fabric Covered Buttons (kits found at Joann’s or Hobby Lobby) right now so that’s what I add to the middle of my fabric flowers.
5. Now that your flower is ready, add hot glue to the top of the alligator clip and stick the flower to it.
That’s it – super cute and easy flowers for your little girls.
For more fun projects you can make for your little girls, be sure to check out:
For all Crafts & Tutorials go HERE.
For all Gift Ideas go HERE.
And get weekly emails with monthly freebies by signing up for the Lil’ Luna newsletter.