Have you ever been to Disneyland’s Carnation Cafe and had their Loaded Baked Potato Soup? If not, it’s one of many MUST-STOP spots at the Happiest Place on Earth, because the food is delicious! Their Baked Potato Soup is beyond amazing and is tied (in my book) with the Broccoli Cheese Soup from Pacific Wharf Cafe at California Adventure (which is served in a warm sourdough bread bowl!)
Well, I made my first attempt to make this delicious soup, and I have to say, it was AMAZING!! I had to give myself a little pat on the back because it was delicious and tasted just like Disneyland’s Baked Potato Soup. It takes a little more time and effort to make than some past soups I’ve posted on here (like last year’s Cheesy Potato Soup), but it was so worth it!
MY OTHER RECIPES
I can’t wait to make this again. Like I said earlier, it takes a little time and effort but it’s not hard at all. It’s just a matter of following the directions and having all the ingredients on hand. If you love Potato Soups, you will definitely want to try this awesome recipe, but in case you’re looking for simple you should try this Crock Pot Baked Potato soup recipe. 😉
I loved everything about this soup, but the sour cream, cheese and bacon on top were the best toppings for this Baked Potato Soup. I definitely think you need to try this recipe – ASAP!
For more potato soup recipes, check out:
How to make Baked Potato Soup:
- 1 pound bacon chopped
- 2 carrots peeled and sliced
- 1 tsp. onion powder
- 4 Russet Potatoes (large) peeled and diced
- 5 Red Potatoes (medium) diced
- ¼ cup flour
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 3-3.5 cups whipping cream
- 2-3 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- Salt & pepper to taste
- sour cream
- In a large pot fry bacon until crispy over medium heat. When done, take the bacon out and let drain on a plate with a paper towel on it.
- In the bacon fat, cook carrots for 3-4 minutes. Add potatoes and cook for 4-5 minutes stirring occasionally.
- Whisk flour in your pot until the flour is cooked and it has thickened up a little bit (about 5 minutes)
- Add chicken broth, half the bacon(the other half will be used for garnish), and salt & pepper.
- Bring the soup to a simmer and cook for 20-25 minutes are until the potatoes are soft.
- Mash any potatoes if needed if you want a more creamier consistency. Add whipping cream and 1 cup of cheese - simmer for 5 minutes. Add more broth if needed for a creamy consistency. Season to taste.
- Add more cheese to the top along with sour cream and left over bacon pieces. ENJOY.
Adapted from HERE