This Baked Potato Soup tastes just like Disneyland’s version from Carnation Cafe. It’s loaded with flavor and is filled with Russet and Red potatoes, carrots, bacon, cheese and more. It’s always a favorite during soup season!
Disneyland’s Baked Potato Recipe
Have you ever been to Disneyland’s Carnation Cafe and had their Loaded Baked Potato Soup? If not, it’s one of the many MUST-STOP spots at the Happiest Place on Earth, because the food is delicious! Their Baked Potato Soup recipe is beyond amazing and is tied (in my book) with the Broccoli Cheese Soup from Pacific Wharf Cafe at California Adventure (which is served in a warm sourdough bread bowl!)
Fortunately for us, Disney shared their recipe for this soup on their blog, so I knew I wanted to give it a try. I was so excited to have their exact recipe because I knew it would be hard to mimic exactly.
My first attempt to make this delicious soup went surprisingly well! I guess it wasn’t too hard having the exact recipe, but it really did taste just like Disneyland’s Baked Potato Soup.
Best Baked Potato Soup recipe
It takes a little more time and effort to make than some past soups I’ve posted on here (like last year’s Cheesy Potato Soup), but it was so worth it! It is so creamy, hearty and flavorful.
Like I said earlier, it takes more time than some of the slow cooker soups where everything is just dumped in, but it’s still easy. It’s just a matter of following the directions and having all the ingredients on hand. If you love Potato Soups, you will definitely want to try this awesome recipe, but in case you’re looking for simple you should try this Crock Pot Baked Potato soup recipe. 😉
I loved everything about this soup, but the sour cream, cheese and bacon on top were the best toppings for this Baked Potato Soup. I definitely think you need to try this recipe – ASAP!
This recipe is perfectly paired with these other Lil’ Luna recipes:
For more potato soup recipes, check out:
- Loaded Broccoli Cheese and Potato Soup
- Chicken and Potato Florentine Soup
- Cheesy Potato Soup
- Parmesan Potato Soup
- Ham & Potato Soup
- Cheesy Vegetable Chowder
How to make Baked Potato Soup:
Baked Potato Soup
This Baked Potato Soup tastes just like Disneyland's version from Carnation Cafe. It's loaded with flavor and is perfect for soup season.
- 1 lb bacon chopped
- 2 carrots peeled and sliced
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 4 large Russet Potatoes peeled and diced
- 5 medium Red Potatoes diced
- 1/4 cup flour
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 3-3.5 cups whipping cream
- 2-3 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- sour cream
In a large pot fry bacon until crispy over medium heat. When done, take the bacon out and let drain on a plate with a paper towel on it.
- In the bacon fat, cook carrots for 3-4 minutes. Add potatoes and cook for 4-5 minutes stirring occasionally.
- Whisk flour in your pot until the flour is cooked and it has thickened up a little bit (about 5 minutes)
- Add chicken broth, half the bacon(the other half will be used for garnish), and salt & pepper.
- Bring the soup to a simmer and cook for 20-25 minutes are until the potatoes are soft.
- Mash any potatoes if needed if you want a more creamier consistency. Add whipping cream and 1 cup of cheese - simmer for 5 minutes. Add more broth if needed for a creamy consistency. Season to taste.
- Add more cheese to the top along with sour cream and left over bacon pieces. ENJOY!
Adapted from HERE
For the more simple, slow cooker version, be sure to check out: