This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
Deliciously cheesy Breakfast Egg Cups have a crispy crescent roll bottom layered with eggs, bacon and cheese on top!
Bacon Egg Cups
Simple breakfast recipes are my favorite!! We especially love these recipes if they are ones we can make ahead and pop in the microwave when you are in a hurry in the morning. Today’s breakfast bacon egg cups are one those recipes.
They’re quick, simple, and can be made ahead of time (similar to our Egg Muffins)! We love to make these quick and simple breakfast recipes at dinner-time too when we are in a pinch!
These baked egg cups are made with cut crescent dough, bacon, eggs and cheese. Can you go wrong with those ingredients? I think not!
How to Make Egg Cups
- DOUGH. Roll out the crescent dough and cut it into 12 squares. You will then place 1 square into each cup of a greased muffin tin.
- FILLING. Then, you will place 3 small pieces of bacon along the sides of each cup. Mix the eggs, milk and half of the shredded cheddar cheese, salt and pepper until it is well combined. Pour into each cup until about 2/3 full.
- BAKE. From there you will top with more cheese and bake for 16-18 minutes.
You do not have to use crescent dough, but it provides a delicious base and a way to keep the egg cups together better. If you want a gluten-free version, we recommend taking out the crescent square and putting in a piece of ham instead.
Variations + Storing info
Here are other ingredients that work well in these crescent roll egg cups:
- Other Meats – Sausage, Turkey Bacon and ham all are delicious
- Other Cheeses – Mexican, Swiss and Monterrey Jack are great
- Veggies – peppers, onions, broccoli, spinach
STORE in an air-tight container or Ziploc bag in the fridge for up to 5 days. FREEZE these by placing in a freezer-safe Ziploc bag and placing in the freezer for up to 3 months.
To REHEAT, place them in the fridge and heat until warm. If frozen, let thaw in fridge overnight before reheating.
For more Breakfast bites, check out:
- No Bake Energy Bites
- Healthy Egg Muffins
- Avocado Bacon and Eggs
- Crescent Breakfast Pies
- Puff Pastry Sausage Rolls
Egg Cup Recipe
- 1 can Butterflake Pillsbury Crescent Rolls
- 7 eggs
- 12 slices bacon cooked and cut into thirds
- 1 cup cheddar cheese divided
- 1/2 cup milk
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Roll out crescent dough and press seems together. Cut into 12 squares.
- Grease pan really well and place 1 crescent square in each muffin cup.
- Place 3 small pieces of bacon along the sides of each muffin cup.
- Mix eggs, milk, ½ cup cheddar cheese, salt and pepper until well combined. Pour into each cup until ⅔ full.
- Sprinkle cheese on top and bake for 16-18 minutes.
Nutrition information is automatically calculated, so should only be used as an approximation.
Recipe adapted from Pillsbury.