Hey guys, it’s Kellyn!! I’m back today to share with you a delicious appetizer that I think would be perfect for New Years!!
I’ve already mentioned that I’m a HUGE fan of Buffalo Sauce. I hope you are too, because today’s recipe is for Buffalo Chicken Muffins. They’re pretty much a cupcake form of buffalo chicken wings. Awesome, right!?! There is chicken and delicious hints of ranch, cream cheese, sour cream and cheese which means it’s definitely a keeper! We love that it’s so simple to make AND yummy. We will be making loads of appetizers for New Years next week, and we’re excited to give this one another go.
If you’d like to try it too, here’s the recipe:
- 2 cups shredded cooked chicken breast
- 2 TB dry ranch dressing mix (from 1-oz package)
- 3 TB cayenne pepper or franks red hot sauce
- 1 -8oz container whipped cream cheese spread
- 1 -6oz container sour cream
- 1 can refrigerated thin pizza crust
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- In large bowl, mix chicken, dressing mix, hot sauce, cream cheese and sour cream. Set aside.
- Unroll dough into a large rectangle and cut into 12 equal squares. Spray 12 regular sized muffin cups with cooking spray and fill each with 1 dough square. Press into bottoms and up sides of cups.
- Place 1 TB of chicken mixture in each cup. Sprinkle cheese evenly on top of filling. Bake at 375 for about 15 minutes or until crusts are golden brown and filling is hot. Serve immediately.
Adapted from Betty Crocker
With cream cheese and sour cream in the chicken mixture, these turned out really creamy and were not too spicy at all! Of course, if you want them with a little more zip, you can add more hot sauce. Test out your mixture before you put it in the dough cups, to ensure its got the flavor you want. Again, these are easy and will be a great recipe to do while you’re entertaining your family.
- DIFFICULTY: Simple
- HOW MANY DOES IT FEED: 12
- ANY CHANGES MADE: used sour cream instead of Greek yogurt. Cheddar cheese and top, 3 T cayenne pepper, not 3/4 c
- ANY SUGGESTIONS FOR NEXT TIME: none
For more great appetizers, check out:
These muffins have a lot of the same ingredients as the Buffalo Chicken Egg Rolls that I will be posting tomorrow so stay tuned for those.
However you celebrate, I hope you all enjoy this special season!
For all Appetizer recipes go HERE.
For all Side Dishes go HERE.
And get weekly emails with monthly freebies by signing up for the Lil’ Luna newsletter.