Hey guys, it’s Kellyn!! I’m back today to share with you a delicious appetizer that I think would be perfect for New Years!!
I’ve already mentioned that I’m a HUGE fan of Buffalo Sauce. I hope you are too, because today’s recipe is for Buffalo Chicken Muffins. They’re pretty much a cupcake form of buffalo chicken wings. Awesome, right!?! There is chicken and delicious hints of ranch, cream cheese, sour cream and cheese which means it’s definitely a keeper! We love that it’s so simple to make AND yummy. We will be making loads of appetizers for New Years next week, and we’re excited to give this one another go.
If you’d like to try it too, here’s the recipe:
Adapted from Betty Crocker
With cream cheese and sour cream in the chicken mixture, these turned out really creamy and were not too spicy at all! Of course, if you want them with a little more zip, you can add more hot sauce. Test out your mixture before you put it in the dough cups, to ensure its got the flavor you want. Again, these are easy and will be a great recipe to do while you’re entertaining your family.
These muffins have a lot of the same ingredients as Buffalo Chicken Egg Rolls, which are another awesome appetizer!
For more great appetizers, check out:
Buffalo Chicken Muffins Recipe
- 2 cups chicken breast shredded and cooked
- 2 tbsp dry ranch dressing mix (from 1 oz package)
- 3 tbsp cayenne pepper or franks red hot sauce
- 8 oz cream cheese whipped spread
- 6 oz sour cream
- 1 can thin pizza crust refrigerated
- 1 cup cheddar cheese shredded
In large bowl, mix chicken, dressing mix, hot sauce, cream cheese and sour cream. Set aside.
- Unroll dough into a large rectangle and cut into 12 equal squares. Spray 12 regular sized muffin cups with cooking spray and fill each with 1 dough square. Press into bottoms and up sides of cups.
- Place 1 TB of chicken mixture in each cup. Sprinkle cheese evenly on top of filling. Bake at 375 for about 15 minutes or until crusts are golden brown and filling is hot. Serve immediately.