Hey hey everybody, it’s Tiffany from Creme de la Crumb here to share some buttery bread goodness with you today!
I love homemade bread. My mother always made the best homemade sourdough and whole wheat bread! One of my husband’s favorite homemade bread recipes though, is this one! He’s not the cooking type (wink) but his mom passed it on to me and we love it! These only take about an hour so they aren’t as involved as a lot of bread recipes, and we just can’t get enough of that buttery flavor – there’s nothing like a warm butter bread knot beside a big plate of pasta or with homemade pizza! And you can dress these up with garlic, fresh parsley flakes, or shredded parmesan cheese if you you’re wanting something with an extra burst of flavor!
Buttery Bread Knots Recipe
Delicious Buttery Bread Knots. So soft and the prefect side!!
- 1 1/2 cups warm water
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 2 1/4 tsp active dry yeast
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp salt
- 3 tbsp butter melted
- 1 tbsp Italian seasoning
In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment, combine water, honey, and yeast. Let rest for 10 minutes. Stir in the oil.
- Add flour and salt and stir until incorporated. Dough should be a little sticky but not wet. If the dough is too wet, add additional flour 1 tablespoon at a time until the dough comes together.
- Switch out the paddle attachment for a dough hook and knead for 5 minutes.
- Drizzle a little bit of olive oil into a large bowl. Add the dough and toss to coat in the oil. Cover and place in a warm place for 30-45 minutes or until the dough has risen to double in size.
- Preheat oven to 400. Roll the dough out into a large rectangular shape on a clean flat surface. Use a pizza cutter to cut into 14-16 even strips. Carefully tie each strip into a knot. Grease a baking sheet and place knots in a single layer on the prepared sheet. Drizzle with melted butter and sprinkle with Italian seasoning. Bake 10-12 minutes until very lightly golden.
These Buttery Bread Knots look amazing!! Thank you, Tiffany!
For more recipes from Tiffany here on the site, check out:
For all bread recipes go HERE.
For all recipes go HERE.
And get weekly emails with monthly freebies by signing up for the Lil’ Luna newsletter. 🙂