Delicious White Chocolate Peppermint Bark topped with crushed Oreos and Candy Canes! This holiday treat only takes 5 ingredients and 10 minutes to make!
Treats and candy recipes like this where you just make one pan full and then break it up into pieces are one of the best to share with friends and neighbors during the holidays! If you think this one is easy, try our Marble Bark or Christmas Crack!
White Chocolate Peppermint Bark
One of the main reasons I love this time of year so much is because of all the yummy desserts that show up. Peppermint this and Egg Nog that – the list of goodies is endless!
One of the treats I’ve always loved but only get to enjoy every few years is Bark. It’s one of my favorites! When I saw some Candy Cane Oreos at the store I knew they would be the perfect addition for a peppermint bark recipe, which is exactly what we made this week!
The result was an Oreo-filled white chocolate peppermint bark that was a hit with everyone who tried it. It only took about 5-10 minutes to make, and used just FIVE ingredients. If you’re anything like me and you love white chocolate and Oreos, this treat is sure to be a favorite!
How to make Peppermint Bark
MELT + MIX. Melt the white chocolate/vanilla candy coating, then mix in the vegetable oil, butter, and a portion of your crushed Oreos.
(Note: You do not need to use a double boiler for this recipe, but you certainly can. The benefit is that the mixture won’t burn like it could in a pot. This is especially handy if you have distractions also known as children. To make your own double boiler simply find a glass or metal bowl that can fit over the top of a pot without it falling inside. Add 2-3 inches of water to the pot and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat and place the bowl on top. Add the ingredients to the bowl as directed in the recipe.)
POUR + HARDEN. Pour onto a cookie sheet with tinfoil, add the remaining crushed Oreo and candy cane bits, and let it harden in the fridge for 30 minutes.
That’s it! Done in no more than 10 minutes.
Can I use regular Oreos? If you can’t find these seasonal Candy Cane Oreos, the original flavor will work just as well. There will be less peppermint flavor, but you can add more candy cane bits to make up for it.
Storing & Gifting
Since there aren’t any ingredients in there that perish quickly, you can keep the bark STORED in an airtight container at room temperature for a week or so. But if you want it to last longer, you can store it in the fridge.
If you want to FREEZE your peppermint bark, you can break it into pieces (after it’s cooled completely) and wrap them in wax paper, then plastic wrap or tinfoil. For good measure, put the wrapped pieces in an airtight container before storing in the fridge. The key is to keep moisture out!
Give it as a gift: This peppermint bark makes a beautiful and delicious treat to give to family, friends, teachers, neighbors… anyone! Some of my favorite give packaging for treats include:
- Plastic clamshell wrapped with ribbon
- Holiday tins
- Place in a brown bag, fold the top make two hole punches and tie with raffia
- Use holiday cardstock to cut and fold paper gift bags
- Holiday plate, wrap cellophane around it and tie with a ribbon
For more great peppermint recipes, check out:
- White Chocolate Peppermint M&M Cookies
- Peppermint Sugar Cookies
- Candy Cane Oreo Pops
- White Chocolate Peppermint Pretzels
- Homemade Peppermint Patties
Oreo Peppermint Bark Recipe
- 1 lb Vanilla Candy Coating
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 tbsp butter melted
- 15 Candy Cane Oreos crushed
- 2-4 tbsp crushed candy cane
- Put your cubes of vanilla candy coating in a pot and melt on low heat. Stir the entire time until it is all melted.
- Add oil and butter to your chocolate and stir well. Add in ⅔ of crushed oreos and mix well.
- Pour onto your cookie sheet with foil. Spread to the thickness you want it. Sprinkle reserve oreos and crushed candy cane on top.
- Refrigerate for half hour. Enjoy!