Hi, Deb here from Cooking on the Front Burner with a special TREAT and no TRICK! Tis the season for Halloween treats and these Candy Corn Jello Cups are so easy to make. Layers of yummy jello topped with whipped cream and sprinkles – cuz everything is better with them! Trust me your little ghosts and goblins will devour them pronto! Perfect for a party or even an after school snack.
- Small box lemon jello
- Small box orange jello
- 1 pkg. Knox gelatin
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup milk
- ½ cup sugar
- 8 oz. sour cream
- Dissolve lemon jello in 1 cup of boiling water and stir until dissolved then add ½ cup cold water
- Divide the jello between 6 six ounce glasses
- Place in refrigerator until completely set then make orange jello
- Dissolve orange jello in 1 cup of boiling water and stir until dissolved then add ½ cup cold water
- When jello is room temperature, divide the jello between the 6 glasses by pouring the mixture carefully then place in refrigerator until completely set
- To make the white layer bring the milk to a boil then add the sugar until dissolved and remove from stove.
- In ¼ cup cold water dissolve the Knox gelatin and add to the mixture
- Add the vanilla and sour cream and beat well with a mixer.
- When mixture is room temperature, top off the jello cups (note: You will have some white mixture left over)
- When completely firm top with whipped cream and sprinkles if desired
In case you are wondering, I bought these glasses from IKEA – they came in a six pack and were super cheap. I find myself using them for all kinds of mini desserts. They are also great to put some dip in and place some carrot or celery sticks inside. You might need to go shopping 🙂
I had fun using the sprinkles and wanted to show you an action shot!
Grab a spoon and dig in!
Another quick Halloween treat – Halloween Candy Bites!
And a Candy Corn Martini
These are so fun!! Perfect for a Halloween party for sure! I know my kiddos would love them.
Thanks for sharing with us Deb!
For more great recipes from her, head on over to Cooking on the Front Burner.
And for more tasty Halloween treats, you should definitely check out these posts!
For all Halloween ideas on the site go HERE.
For all recipes go HERE.
Need more recipes and creative ideas? Sign up and get a FREE copy of my latest ebook!