I know I’ve mentioned our love for pasta at least a dozen times here on the blog. And, let’s be real here… it’s probably been more like 50 times (or practically any time I’ve shared a pasta dish). 😉
I think the main reason we love it so much is because it’s a dish the ENTIRE family loves and will eat without complaining. That’s kind of a big deal having 5 kids (half of which are picky eaters). Over the years we have tried numerous pasta dishes, and I’m glad we found another one to add to the rotation. This one is a Cheesy Bowtie Pasta Bake filled with lots of cheese and goodness. The kids loved it, but did not like the “green things” (aka fresh Parsley) I put on top. Picky I know, but I remember not liking the “green things” when I was little too. LOL!
If you are up for trying another simple and tasty pasta dish, I recommend this one. Serve it with a salad and some rolls and dinner is set!!
Cheesy Bowtie Pasta Bake Recipe
- 16 oz bowtie pasta
- 14.5 oz tomatoes diced (I prefer Italian tomatoes)
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1 tsp garlic salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 1 1/2 cups mozzarella cheese shredded
- 1 1/2 cups Three cheese blend I used Parmesan, Romano and Asiago blend
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup parsley fresh, chopped
- shaved parmesan for topping, optional
- Cook pasta as instructed on package.
- While pasta is cooking, drain tomatoes and reserve ¼ cup juice. Set aside.
- Preheat oven to 375.
- In a large pot, melt butter on medium meat. Add flour, salt and pepper and whisk until smooth. Add milk and reserved tomato juice. Bring to a boil. Cook until sauce thickens.
- Remove sauce from heat and add drained pasta, tomatoes and cheeses. Mix well and pour into a greased 9x13 dish.
- Bake for 30 minutes and garnish with fresh parsley and shaved Parmesan. ENJOY!
Recipe adapted from Taste of Home.
All the ingredients in the pot.
Nice and cheesy.
Proof that it’s really cheesy. 😉
Although I’ll need to leave off the “green things” next time I make it, I think I can get away with some dried parsley. 😉
For more great pasta dishes, check out:
For all Dinner ideas go HERE.
For all Recipes go HERE.
And get weekly emails with monthly freebies by signing up for the Lil’ Luna newsletter. 🙂