Note to self: Do not blog while hungry.
This next recipe has me drooling. It looks so delicious and fresh, and I want some right now. 😉 You’d think that after blogging for almost 4 years I’d know that by now, but I guess I’m still learning, lol.
This Cherry Cheesecake Delight is perfect for the Cheesecake lover, and also perfect for a sweet treat on Valentine’s Day. I mean, how you can deny all that beautiful red in the cherries? Pure perfection!! If you don’t like cherries – no worries! Just substitute them for some delicious strawberries. Either way, you have an easy and delicious treat. 😉
Serving them in jars like these makes them so irresistible! I think it also makes them perfect for a gathering or party. No matter how you serve them I can guarantee they will be a hit. This sweet treat is not just pretty, but it’s darn right delicious!
Here’s the recipe:
Cherry Cheesecake Delight Recipe
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup pecans chopped
- 1/4 cup brown sugar packed
- 1/4 cup butter softened
- 8 oz cream cheese softened
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 6 oz whipped topping thawed
- 21 oz cherry pie filling
- Preheat oven to 325.
- Combine flour, pecans and brown sugar in a small bowl. Stir in butter until crumbly.
- Lightly pat into an ungreased baking dish of your choice. We used small ball jars for 4 individual servings. Bake for 15-20 minutes or until golden brown. Cool completely.
- In a bowl. beat cream cheese, powdered sugar and vanilla until smooth.
- Fold in your whipped topping until well combined.
- Carefully spread over crust.
- Top with cherry pie filling. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
The kids and hubby ALL love Cherries, so I’m thinking I will make this for Family Night next week. I know they will love it. 🙂
For more great Red Treats be sure to check out these other favorites here on the site:
For all Valentine’s treats go HERE.
For all Dessert recipes go HERE.
And get weekly emails with monthly freebies by signing up for the Lil’ Luna newsletter. 🙂
Photos for this recipe were taken by my sister, Tara Martindale. All pictures were edited by me.