Hey Lil Luna readers!
This is Lauren visiting from Tastes Better From Scratch.
I’ve got Halloween on the brain…how about you? My son’s costume is ready to go (he’s going to be the cutest little pirate!) But I’m still totally struggling to think of something simple for my one-year-old daughter. Between church, friends, and playgroups we have several Halloween parties to attend and we can’t wait!
I’ve got our food plans set–we always make these adorable Mini Halloween Pizzas. And how cute are these Chocolate Chip Spider Cookies? I got the idea here, and thought they would be the perfect treat for our Halloween parties.
This chocolate chip cookie recipe is my FAVORITE. Super soft and chewy chocolate chip cookies–just the way I like them! When they came out of the oven I added an extra few chocolate chips on top, and then melted some chocolate to make them into spiders. Super easy and cute! I’m not sure who loved them more–my husband or my little boy 🙂
- 2 cups plus 2 Tbsp all-purpose flour
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp salt
- 12 Tbsp butter (1½ sticks) melted and cooled until warm
- 1 cup brown sugar
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg + 1 egg yolk
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips, divided
- Heat oven to 325 degrees F.
- In a medium bowl mix together flour, salt, and baking soda..
- In a separate large mixing bowl beat the butter and sugars together with an electric mixer until well blended. Add the egg, egg yolk, and vanilla. Stir in the dry ingredients and mix until just combined. Gently stir in ¾ cup chocolate chips. The dough will be soft.
- Gently scoop dough into balls and place on a parchment lined cookie sheet. Bake for 10-12 minutes. Remove from oven and place 3-4 chocolate chips into the tops of each cookie, point side up.
- Add remaining chocolate chips to a microwave safe bowl and microwave, on low power, stirring every 30 seconds, until melted. Just barely cut the corner off of a small ziplock bag (you want the hole to be very small to make your spider legs). Spoon the melted chocolate into the bag and use it draw spider legs on the sides of the chocolate chips.
- Store cookies in an airtight container or freeze in a freezer ziplock bag.
For all Halloween ideas go HERE.
For all treats go HERE.
And get weekly emails with monthly freebies by signing up for the Lil’ Luna newsletter. 🙂
Don’t miss a thing – Sign up for the Lil’ Luna Newsletter today!
Need more recipes and creative ideas? Sign up and get a FREE copy of my latest ebook!