Hi there my friends!
It’s Gina from Kleinworth & Co & I’m back today to share one of my family’s favorite Yummy Bar Recipes. One of my son’s favorite things is cinnamon. So any time I can add that to the goodies I’m making it’s all good. So this time I came up with these Cinnamon Roll Sugar Cookie Bars that he was head over heals for. I mean really- cinnamon roll in the name of anything will get my attention. How about you? Are you a big fan of cinnamon rolls & all things cinnamon? Well if you are – these are definitely the treat for you!
The sugar cookie bar layer is packed full of cinnamon.
Then topping them with the cream cheese frosting & additional cinnamon & sugar – HELLO fabulous!!
I ended up taking a bunch of these to the hubs to brighten his day. All of the staff where he was ended up taking over the container & they were gone in no time flat. I guess cinnamon roll is a popular flavor anywhere you go. A twist would be to make these with just a standard sugar cookie bar recipe & then top with a cinnamon/cream cheese frosting instead. It would completely change up the whole thing while still being very cinnamon roll in nature.
- ½ cup butter - softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 egg white
- 1-1/2 tbsp sour cream
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ½ tsp almond extract
- 1 tbsp cinnamon
- 2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- ½ tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp salt
- *Cream Cheese Frosting
- 8 ounces cream cheese - room temperature
- 8 tbsp butter - room temperature
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- 2-1/2 cups confectioners sugar
- **Cinnamon/sugar mixture for sprinkles
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Line 9x9 inch pan with parchment - set aside
- In mixer bowl cream butter & sugar until fluffy
- Add in egg & egg white, sour cream, vanilla & almond extracts- mix well
- Stir in flour, cinnamon, baking powder & salt to crumbly dough
- Press dough i a flt, even layer in prepared pan
- Use a fork to poke holes in the top to bake evenly
- Bake 17-20 minutes or until browned
- Cool completely before frosting
- *To make frosting
- Combine butter & cream cheese in mixer bowl & beat well
- Add in vanilla & then confectioners sugar & beat until creamy
- *Note- I found it easier to cut the bars first & then frost each one to keep the cuts cleaner.
- Spread frosting on & sprinkle with a little cinnamon/sugar mix
- Keep refrigerated until serving
How about some more great Yummy Bar Recipes?
Thanks so much for visiting with me today!!!
It’s been fun!
Gina has combined two of my favorites treats – Cinnamon Rolls + Sugar Cookies!
CANNOT wait to try these. Thanks, Gina!
For more great recipes from her, head on over to Kleinworth & Co.
For more cinnamon and sugar goodness, check out:
Oh, I just love cinnamon-y desserts!
For all dessert recipes go HERE.
For all recipes go HERE.
And get weekly emails with monthly freebies by signing up for the Lil’ Luna newsletter. 🙂
Don’t miss a thing – Sign up for the Lil’ Luna Newsletter today!