Hi there! Shannon from Fitness Food Diva here!!
Popcorn is one of my favorite snacks, not to mention how yummy it smells as it is popping away either in the microwave in in the popcorn maker. Who new that a little piece of corn could make such a delicious and quick snack! I have to say one of the best things about walking into a movie theater is the smell of the popcorn, but this fun little idea makes eating it that much better, especially for the kids and the kids at heart. Adding Oreos and white chocolate chips gives movie night a whole new perspective and it is so simple to make your kids and join in the fun. In my family my niece and nephews have there own special drawer at my Mom’s house just for all their Oreos. Each one has a favorite cream filling, but today I used the reduced fat Oreos to make it not quite such a guilty pleasure, but of course you can use whatever type of Oreos you and your family love.
Cookies and Cream Popcorn literally takes all of 10 minutes to make and taste so good still nice and warm. The chocolate chips keep the popcorn and the Oreos together in a perfect harmony that bite after bite you get tons of Cookies and Cream. Not only is this a fun treat to eat, it makes a fun treat to give. Make a large batch and put some in a cute glass mason jar for an end of the year gift for the teacher, or take it to your friends at church. You could even pass along all the ingredients in a cute basket with the instructions to friends for them to make and enjoy at fun family night. You could also crush up one of your favorite candy bars or even girl scout cookies if Oreos are not your thing. The options are endless and the taste is amazing, Cookies and Cream Popcorn was a huge family favorite in my home, and I hope it will be in yours too!
- 1 bag 100 calorie microwave popcorn (I used Jolly Time), or any white popcorn of choice.
- 12 reduced fat Oreos, crushed roughly.
- 6 oz white chocolate chips.
- Pop bag of popcorn according to package instructions, making sure not to burn it.
- Remove any kernels that did not pop.
- Place Oreos in a large ziplock bag and crush, but leave semi chunky.
- Mix the popcorn and crushed Oreos together.
- Melt the chocolate chips in the microwave in 30 second intervals, mixing in between intervals until smooth.
- Drizzle half of the melted chocolate over the popcorn and using a rubber spatula, coat evenly.
- Add the rest of the chocolate and toss mixture gently until it is all mixed together.
- Spread mixture onto a large sheet of wax paper and place on a cookie sheet and allow coating to set completely. Eat and Enjoy!
- Store any left overs in an airtight container.
You may also like:
We love anything cookies and cream at our house…
And this recipe would make a perfect movie night treat!! Thanks for sharing with us Shannon!
For more delicious recipes, go visit Shannon over at Fitness Food Diva!
And for even more cookies and cream recipes, check out these posts:
For all desserts and treats, go HERE.
For all recipes, go HERE.
And get weekly emails with monthly freebies by signing up for the Lil’ Luna newsletter. 🙂
Don’t miss a thing – Sign up for the Lil’ Luna Newsletter today!
Need more recipes and creative ideas? Sign up and get a FREE copy of my latest ebook!