You guys all know how much I love COOKIES, right? And you probably have guessed by now just how much I love CHOCOLATE too. Put the two together and you have one happy blogger. 😉
I’ll pretty much take any excuse I can get to make some yummy cookies… especially if they have chocolate. What if I told you this next recipe has DOUBLE the chocolate? Pretty sweet, right? I’m calling this next recipe: Double Chocolate Mint Cookies. It has a chocolate base and has White Chocolate Chips and Chopped Chocolate Mints too (I guess technically that makes it triple?!)
I’m happy to report that they turned out FABULOUS!! They were chocolate-y and minty and oh-so soft (definitely my kind of cookie!)
I’ll definitely be adding this one in on the cookie rotation. 🙂
Double Chocolate Mint Cookies
- 2 cups flour
- 2/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 cup butter softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 2/3 cup light brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp McCormick® Pure Peppermint Extract
- 3/4 cup white chocolate chips
- 3/4 cup chopped chocolate mints
Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Mix flour, cocoa powder, baking soda and salt in medium bowl and set aside.
- In a large browl beat butter and sugar with a mixer on medium speed until light and fluffy
- Add eggs and extract - mix well.
- Gradually beat in flour mixture on low speed until well mixed. Stir in white chocolate chips and chopped chocolate mints.
- Place on greased cookie sheet and bake for 7-9 minutes.