Hey, it’s me Lily again!! Did you look at the Christmas Pancakes I shared this week?? I hope so, because they are awesome and I think your kids will love them!! I have another recipe to share that I think your whole family will love. They are soft and chewy Gingersnaps. My dad is 100% obsessed with these cookies, and so am I. They are great to eat all year long, especially in December, and I think they’d be great for Santa on Christmas Eve too. They have molasses and cinnamon and ginger, and if you love those ingredients, I really think you should try these. My dad thinks we should make these every week!
I know we have a lot of cookie recipes here on the site, but these are classic for December. There is nothing better than enjoying a delicious warm cookie with a cold glass of milk. 😀
- ¾ cup shortening
- 1 cup plus plus 2 TB sugar, divided
- 1 egg
- ¼ cup molasses
- 2 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1½ teaspoons ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Add shortening and 1 cup sugar to a medium bowl and beat until fluffy. Add egg and molasses and mix until well blended.
- In a another bowl add flour, baking soda, ginger, cinnamon and salt. Mix well.
- Add flour mixture to creamed mixture.
- Shape into balls and roll in remaining sugar. Place on greased cookie sheet.
- Bake for 9-11 minutes and ENJOY!
Recipe from Taste of Home.
I hope you have a HOLLY JOLLY CHRISTMAS!!
For another classic holiday cookie, check out:
And for more Christmas cookies, check out:
BEHIND THE SCENES AT LILLUNA.COM:
These are DELIIIIIISH!