This delicious quick bread recipe is filled with lemon and zucchini and topped with a homemade glaze making it irresistible! No yeast also makes it very simple!
If you love bread (especially quick breads), you’ll love this sweet bread recipe! It’s perfect for leftover zucchini in the garden and is as classic and delicious as our go-to zucchini bread and chocolate zucchini cake.
Glaze + Lemon + Zucchini = DELISH BREAD
When it’s cold I find myself wanting to bake ALL the time. It’s almost like I just love having something sweet and warm to eat on a cold day.
Breads and Cookies are usually the “sweets” of choice on these cold days, and this next recipe was one that my mom and I tried out years ago that we fell in love with. It was so delicious and one that we will be making again and adding to our favorite breads rotation. 😀
The recipe is adapted from here and turned out perfect with the tastes of zucchini and lemon in a fluffy bread. The glaze is my favorite part (how could it not be??) and was the perfect addition for this lemon zucchini bread recipe!
How to Make Lemon Zucchini Bread
We are all about quick breads (breads that don’t require yeast), and we love that this recipe is so simple.
Begin by mixing the flour, salt and baking powder in a medium bowl and set aside.
In a large bowl, beat eggs. Then add oil and sugar until well blended. Add lemon juice, buttermilk, lemon zest to this mixture and blend all together.
Fold in zucchini (that is drained and dry) until it is mixed well. Add dry mixture to the wet mixture and blend all together until well combined.
Pour batter into greased 9×5 loaf pan. Bake at 350 for 40-45 minutes.
While still warm, make glaze and spoon over the bread. Let the glaze set up before cutting and serving.
TipS + TRICKS FOR THE BREAD
This recipe isn’t hard AT ALL, but we wanted to share our TOP tips for making sure it turns out perfect. 😉
- Use a cheese grater to grate the zucchini.
- Be sure to dry the zucchini after it has been grated so it is NOT super water-y.
- You can also use all-purpose flour instead of cake flour, but we prefer cake flour.
- If using a glass pan, you may need to cook 15-25 minutes longer.
- Bottled lemon juice works just as well as juice directly from the lemon.
- Can also be made in smaller loaf pans. You can divide batter into 4 and place in greased 6 x 2 1/2″ pans (Bake for 35-40 minutes)
- Can also be made as muffins – Bake for 25-30 minutes – makes about 15-16 muffins.
- For high altitude bake at 375 for 55 minutes.
- FOR STORING: Place in foil or in a Ziploc bag. If you’d like to FREEZE it, we recommend doing that without the glaze and wrapping in foil or Saran wrap and then place in a freezer safe bag. Before eating, make and add glaze to the top.
Doesn’t it looks fabulous?? It’s an easy recipe to make, and I can’t wait to try it out again… it’s been too long!! And for me, breads that require no yeast are always the easiest!! 😉
For more great quick bread recipes, check out:
Lemon Zucchini Bread Recipe
- 2 cups cake flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1 1/3 cup sugar
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 1 lemon zest
- 1 cup zucchini grated
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 2 tbp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp milk
Mix flour, salt and baking powder in a medium bowl and set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat eggs. Then add oil and sugar until well blended. Add lemon juice, buttermilk, lemon zest to this mixture and blend all together.
- Fold in zucchini until it is mixed well.
- Add dry mixture to the wet mixture and blend all together until well combined.
- Pour batter into greased 9x5 loaf pan.
- Bake at 350 for 40-45 minutes.
- While still warm, make glaze and spoon over the bread. Let the glaze set up before cutting and serving.